Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Update October 7: My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0

October 7, 2013

Wow! Time truly does fly. I thought I last updated this about a week ago.

In any event, here is the more recent blog post and an updated photo:

My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0-cookies-jpg

September 20, 2013

I have finally started piecing my state fair project. Lots of joining of pieces and weaving in of ends to be done, but I am on my way! Here is the most recent blog post (with additional photos) and here is a group photo of some of the cookies.

My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0-forty-nine-crochet-cookies-cookieghan-2-0-jpg

September 11, 2013

A new blog post with new photos, including this one:

My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0-motifs-worth-crochet-cookies-woven-jpg

September 9, 2013

I had thought I would be updating this more often than I have been. I am nearing the date I have to start putting all of the pieces together (September 18).

This past weekend I flew out to California (I live in North Carolina) to wish my son well on his triathlon endeavor, and I was able to use time in transit and sitting in coffee shops and at the beach to keep myself pretty much on track.

Here is my most recent blog post, and here is a photo of the crochet cookies enjoying a view of the beach:

My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0-crochet-cookies-enjoying-view-venice-beach-jpg

August 5, 2013

We are five days in to what is "crochet season" for me. I would love for anyone who is interested to follow my progress over the next 9 weeks or so, as I work to make a project for the 2013 North Carolina State Fair.

Here is my most recent blog post about this endeavor, and here is a photo of some of the cookies that will be used in the project:

My 2013 North Carolina State Fair project: Cookieghan 2.0-six-49-cookies-cookieghan-2-0-jpg
    Last edited by crochetbug; 10-07-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: To add information

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be watching you for updates-looks like an unusual and colorful project! Remember to put the love in every stitch-imalefty

3. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like a winner already!!! can't wait to see the finished afghan!
    Crochet Chickadee

5. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So cute!!!! I love your cookies!!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    So crochetbug, what will the finished dimensions be? How large are the large circles? How many circles total? Just curious. I'm thinking they would probably have to admit me to the hospital if I were to try that afghan. A little too advanced for me maybe. Who knows until you get into the project. Will it be on display and win a prize? I'm sure the prize will come with all that work. Take care, Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    It should be about 70"x70" (maybe 6'x6'). I don't think it will win as it will not be "drapeable" but since my goal is to "change the world," winning is not required.

Post Thanks / Like
    But changing the world on how they view crochet deserves an award all by itself. I too am that type of person. I don't like just the plain old square or circle potholder or dishcloth or anything like that "just plain", not that there's anything wrong with it, I just want the world to see it through my eyes and enjoy a bit of change, brighter colors, or a wilder pattern or something different. Now I'll get off my soap box and just say to you, enjoy your Sunday and happy crocheting!!!! Betty PS. I can hardly wait to see your finished afghan!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Beatrice1953-artistic change is always good. Put yourself into your projects. Crocheting is art in my opinion. Keep us apprised of your progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, imalefty! A couple of updates for you.

Leslie/aka crochetbug

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I want a cookie, LOL!!! They are really adorable and colorful and what really counts is that you are doing it from the heart!!! Good luck, looking forward to the seeing the finished cookieghan.

LI Roe