Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree! What a sweetheart of a spouse!!! Neither one of my Exs would have done it for me either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, maybe it has something to do with our 52 1/2 years of marriage???
    It was a slow night with my book. Only added a single page, did lots of editing though, so it's not all that bad. I do my writing off to the side of the TV that she's watching so we can still carry on a conversation, i.e. I'm not locked away in a secluded room.

Thank you both for your very kind words.
    Lee, a.k.a. TGsDad
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

3. Likes N/A, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We hear about so many evil people in this world and not enough about the good ones. Let me just say that you two are wonderful. I wish I had the energy to do something like this for chemo patients. But basically am old and tired. When my husbands cousin had cancer all her children shaved their hair to honor her- even the girls. May God bless you both . Your wife and you are in my prayers- and keep up the good work for your friends sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your chemo caps crochetbug, I see we are in the same state. I live up near the Va/NC line.
    Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by crochetbug View Post
    My friend's sister is undergoing some super gnarly treatments for cancer, but she has the most amazing spirit, and I have been trying to help my friend (we are 2600 miles apart) help her sister by making chemo caps.

Here is a blog post about this raspberry turban,

Attachment 5355

here is a post about this granny square hat:

Attachment 5356

here is a post about a silk chemo cap and another cap decorated with flowers,

Attachment 5354Attachment 5357

and a post about my personal favorite: the cookie cloche.

Attachment 5353

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have driven right past you on Friday (and Saturday). We made a quick trip to Rosslyn, VA, for a dinner.

I enjoyed making the chemo caps more than I thought I would. I started making them because I wanted to make things easier for my friend and I am not close enough to do shopping or laundry or make meals, but after awhile, the ideas would not stop. Now I'm onto stash bags and trying to get my stuff organized so I can work unimpeded on my state fair project for this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you. I hope you have better luck making a stash to sell. I keep finding myself giving everything away. But I try to give to those who need.

You may have driven right past me.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by crochetbug View Post
    I might have driven right past you on Friday (and Saturday). We made a quick trip to Rosslyn, VA, for a dinner.

I enjoyed making the chemo caps more than I thought I would. I started making them because I wanted to make things easier for my friend and I am not close enough to do shopping or laundry or make meals, but after awhile, the ideas would not stop. Now I'm onto stash bags and trying to get my stuff organized so I can work unimpeded on my state fair project for this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    @TGsDad: Do you have a single brother? LOL

I make a lot of chemo hats too. It's a way to honor my awesome brother who lost his battle against brain cancer 18 months ago, right after he turned 46. Making chemo hats is a kind of therapy for me. It's a way for me to "give back" to all the wonderful people who came forward when my brother got sick... those wonderful people who literally held my family up.

I've always used 100% cotton for my chemo hats. Now I'm learning from y'all that might not be the best kind of yarn? I always thought wool would be too itchy and that any little bit of acrylic would make the wearer sweat. I appreciate the links and patterns.... and I'd also like to hear what kinds of different yarns are the best to make hats for chemo patients.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of people I can give some of the excess to, but I will take it to the Durham scrap exchange if my friends don't have room for everything. I need to make my work space workable.

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetbug, If you would I think all the newbies would love to see your past fair projects. I know when I was new on here I saw what you could do and it inspired me. Not that I do anything like you with your great talent but it did show me that there was a whole world of crocheting that I never knew existed.

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work for Oncology doctors and thanks for the post. I talked to my sister and she says we should try to make some for our patients.
    Thanks again! Great idea.