Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the cell phone holder, and I love the idea of a chap stick case. That little tube is always getting lost in my purse and the case would help me find it so much easier. Good idea.
    Judi G

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Jobs Barbara and giftedchild,

I love the afghan stitch Barbara--you're right there isn't much counting required so it's really a soothing stitch to do. I made an entire afghan out of it--worked on it off and on, lol, took me years, ha! However, it is the warmest afghan, blanket, quilt, bedspread I've ever had the pleasure of snuggling under and has lasted more than twenty years! I highly recommend doing one.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow awesome work! I love the colors that you used Barbi. I made several cellphone holders last year as Christmas gifts but in rounds and not like that. I think that's easier.. lol. Must try doing that sometime!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the cover for the cell phone! I also do not know what a Tunisian Stitch is. I love the yarn you chose for your cell phone. It looks great!

I have found that You Tube has taped how to do some crochet stitches. I will have to look later and see if they show how to do a Tunisian stitch!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...0l77l334l5l5l0
    Last edited by Koolgooseygramma; 03-12-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Put in the address

7. Likes Barbara G., aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    giftedchild,

Hello! This is nice! What type of stitch did you use? Thanks for posting your pictures! I love to see what others are doing!
    Hi Barbi,

I just crocheted a number of stitches equal to the width of my cellphone, then I crocheted with single crochet round and round. After 7 or so rows, I put in double crochets in place of the scs. That was just because I was getting impatient again But it didn't really take long to finish. At the opening, I put some scallops (sc-hdc-dc-tc-dc-hdc-sc) to make it more interesting. That's it! Just a little inspiration can really go a long way
    Last edited by giftedchild; 03-12-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: wrong grammar

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchild View Post
    Hi Barbi,

I just crocheted a number of stitches equal to the width of my cellphone, then I crocheted with single crochet round and round. After 7 or so rows, I put in double crochets in place of the scs. That was just because I was getting impatient again But it didn't really take long to finish. At the opening, I put some scallops (sc-hdc-dc-tc-dc-hdc-sc) to make it more interesting. That's it! Just a little inspiration can really go a long way

Hello,

I would love to see a photo when you have some time to add one to the forums! I am interested in seeing your finished product!

11. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barb, It looks great to me! I haven't tried that stitch yet. It's on my list of things to do in the future. hahaha

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    love the colors, this stitch works up fast in a project, great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello members,

I was going to wait until after the holidays to start on some projects. I went to buy yarn the other day, and of course I could not wait.

Here is what I am working on - a cell phone holder using the afghan stitch. This stitch is also known as tunisian stitch.

It has been nice working on this, but different for me. First of all, the stitch creates a very firm fabric. This has benefits for the use of the cell phone, but seems a little harder on the hands in creating it. Second, I almost felt that I was cheating when I got the hang of doing the process. I really did not have to count much when making this.

I started on this last night for a few hours and have added a few more rows this morning, because my cell phone is larger. Here are a few pictures; remember I am not a professional. LOL!

Of course, I am not quite done with this. I have to sew my sides up and also add a strap to it. I will post the final picture when I am finished.

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb, very nice cell phone pouch. And I love the colors. No chance of losing that very easily. And the stitch you used makes sure that anything you slip in with your phone is bound to stay there. Great job.

17. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing it looks great.....nice choice of colours as well.

19. Likes Barbara G. liked this post