Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    BEAUTIFUL....thanks for sharing your works...happy crocheting indeed.
    Thank You! What are the dimensions of the filet in your avitar? It's beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I've been busy -just barely had time to crochet ! Just now getting back to the TALK.
    Finished my Butterfly panels. Am designing some flower panels to alternate with butterflies , (for a tablecloth topper ?) I'm not tired of filet crochet , yet.
    These are the Mexican Silverspot, Blue Nymph , Eastern Festoon, Asian Manto, & Necria Manco from About.com's Butterfly graphs. (free !)
    Wow Kitty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kitty, I love the butterflies! I am going to make a filet crochet butterfly blanket. I wanted to make it in a variegated yarn but I'm not sure the butterfly would show up well so I am going to make it in a single color.

4. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I went back to the About.com/crochet website and checked the pattern- it's for afghan that is cross stitched (?) with the charts(graphs) that they give you.Now, what i did was i charted the graphs on 4 square to the inch graph paper (40 squares across +a few to frame it).Then i Xed the solid squares of the pattern on the graph paper for my chart to crochet by. You can make any cross stitch graph into a filet graph this way. [Then, because i have trouble counting the regular filet squares( that are 4 dcs across for full squares) i simplified to 3dcs for full squares.]My foundation chain is chain 80+4( for the 40 squares ) turn, then dc in the 5th chain from hook, chain 1 , skip one ch dc in the next ch . alternating across the chain.this makes a row of open squares. I always count the squares to check if there are 40, before i chain 4 turn and dc in the top of the first dc of the last row.Whenever the pattern has a solid (Xed ) square i do dc, dc, dc, instead of dc ch1 dc.Also to make life easier, i use charts with the images are the same (mirror ) on each side.(otherwise you have to read the chart from left to right then right to left then left to right, repeatedly, which is confusing. Like this little bunny...Happy Easter!!
    Hi Kitty,
    I'm crocheting teddy bear filet squares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those gorgeous butterfly squares would make a lovely table runner for my butterfly candlesticks!