Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
    Post Thanks / Like

My wraparound coat

As Landon would say ...Hey yawl! I feel like I am finally making some headway on the squares for my wrap around coat. Here's the pictures this far. It takes 79 squares and I have all 79 started. One stack only needs 2 more rows to finish them. the other is partly done. I am on row 3 on most of them. I am going to rotate the squares in the coat because the green row and the purple rows are not EXACTLY THE SAME SHADES in both sets of squares . You can't hardly tell in these pics but they are not. . The purple is darker even tho it has the same color name and is the same brand name. I have numbered them square 1 and square 2 to keep them separated. The pic with 2 squares is one from each group.
    Also this pattern is for a skinny girl I think and I am not really skinny! So, I think when I get ready to put it together I will measure me and if I need to make it bigger. All I will do is crochet around each square again to add width to it. I don't know just how much bigger I will need to make it yet. I think I will use the variegated yarn to put it together. Have a good day! I think it is supposed to be in the 50's here tomorrow!! XOXOXOAttachment 3624 Attachment 3625Attachment 3626

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Patty!! They are just lovely!! Just think:::you will be the one and only woman on EARTH with this unique coat you are making for yourself!! This uniqueness we get to bring to the table is mind blowing to me!! Every piece we put together is unique and special!! I LOVE being a crafter!! Thank you so much for sharing your unique project with us here!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, Patty! Love the colors. There is just a teeny tiny difference between the 2 purples. You, being an artist, noticed this. Me, I would never have noticed if you had not mentioned it. Good job!

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job thus far.....happy crocheting indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    love the colors..I think what may have happen is the purple came from different dye lots? thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure the dye lots were different . I have had the purple that I started out with first for quite a while. But it will work out ok because I am going to alternate the blocks when I put it together. I now have only the last 2 rows to do on all of them (10 blocks completely done) and I will be ready to think abut putting it together!

Post Thanks / Like
    lovely!!! can't wait to see the finished coat!