Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Decision!(I hope)

Well, everyone, This is the final decision, I hope it is. I have started on the coat. This is what I have done now. Took time out for a funeral today and ran to Walmart . I rummaged around in my yarn and couldn't find what I wanted totally so I broke down and tried to match some unlabeled yarn from the tote. I matched one of them at Walmart but not the other. It's close but I may just use what I have and alternate the mis-matched one and It is close enough I think it will look ok. I thought it did match until I got out in the daylight. But it is very,very close. We are expecting snow tomorrow night so I may not get out for a few days. XOXOXOXOXOAttachment 3511Attachment 3512

2. Likes Landon, crocheting4u65, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, it's hard to tell they don't match by the photo....or you've done a great job in matching the colours already! Love your work...happy crocheting.

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, that's the beauty of granny squares. The colors don't have to "match." Personally, I'm not much into "matchy matchy" with anything in my life. Whether it's something I'm crocheting, the clothes I wear, or the way I decorate my home. I LIKE it when things don't match perfectly. It's kind of a reminder to me that all of us are "unique" individuals.

xoxoxo
    Shelley

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    wow, it's hard to tell they don't match by the photo....or you've done a great job in matching the colours already! Love your work...happy crocheting.
    Anaisa, the one I couldn't match is the mossy green color. But I didn't use any of the mis-matched green in these squares. I didn't open the green yarn I bought yet. It is the one I think is just the tiniest bit lighter than the yarn in these pictures. I have not had a chance to go to Hobby Lobby or Joanne Fabrics yet. Tonight I finished the lavender centers for all 79 squares. Tomorrow I will start on the green rows until I have finished all 79 squares and then I will do the purple rows, etc. I realize each row will take more yarn and more time to complete. That is ok tho. I expected that. At least I will know if I have enough of each color before I finish my squares. Also, I know I can buy more of the colors if I do run short. The only one I am worried about would be the green as my green doesn't have a label still on it so that is why I have ended up with a slightly different shade of green. I really like the colors I have chosen and can hardly wait to see what it will look like! Wish me luck everyone! XOXOXO

8. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as the boarders are all the same most likely you will be the only one that knows. I know I told my sister that I made a mistake and she said she didn't see it until I pointed it out.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I checked at Hobby Lobby and Joanne Fabrics today and all they have is the color I just bought so I guess I will be using that in some of the squares.
    at least I know where I can buy more of that color. It probably replaced the one I am using because I've had it for a while. The new one is called Frosty green I think.... (I left it in the car!) My son has been driving my car since his is broken down. I took it with me to return IF I did find the one like I am using, but I am stuck with Frosty I guess. Jimmy is going to bring it by before he goes home. GEE!! I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body good and tight!! XOXOXO

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it will be a complete KNOCKOUT!! I can't wait to see your new coat!! I just love the colours you chose to work with. Girl, if you have to be in the sunlight to see the differences, I really don't think it is going to be any kind of problem.