Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katatonic,

My surgery will be on my right ankle. He is taking out cartilage and poking holes in the bone to make new cartilage. Then he is cutting a bone off the back of my ankle and cutting my achilles heel. It is a 3 hour surgery. I am not looking forward to this. Have you ever done a crocheted Full Motiff? I have a patter I would like to make but I am unsure of how to start it. It does not tell me how many chains to form the circle. If you do not know the answer, Do you know somebody who might? I am glad you are able to walk around just be careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your blanket is beautiful. I really like the colors you chose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want the pattern!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyann, I am over near San Antonio and There is about 8 nights out of the year that it is cold enough to wrap up in a blanket. An afghan lays over my feet all the time. I have been buying the Red Heart Soft and really like it, the colors are so vivid. It is acrylic And may be cooler than a wool throw But as someone else said you may find a loose pattern that would be better near Houston. Margaret

5. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Katatonic, I have done back post, front post stitches in hats, and basket weave afghans, but this one seems a little tighter looking at it. So I think if I decide to do it I could probably just do a small project. I saw two squares stitched together in the corners just this morning some where I think on Annies, it made a tea pot cozy. Naturally I thought of this lovely afghan.

Thanks,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    Hi Judi, I think this stitch could be a problem for your arthritis. You have to make clusters of stitches doing back post trebles on the first round and then straight trebles on the 2nd round of the stitch. It is a lot of hand movement and I found my hands got a bit sore if I worktd on it for too long.You could always try a few motifs and see. All the best, Kat

7. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and thank you for your well wishes. I am doing well and can walk fairly well. It will be alot better when I have the 2nd hip done as it is completly shot too. The wound is already healed on the outside so no issues with it. I may be starting pool exercises this week if the weather cooperates.It is a bit frustrating not being able to bend past a 90 degree angle etc. but you get very creative when you want to do stuff! All the best and thank you again, Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to the first page ( s ) of this post you will find the link to the pattern, All the best, Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tweeety31, OUCH!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds painful but if you are like me you may find the pain after surgery easier to bear then the pain before. Besides, drugs can help but careful of them as they do have side effects. They are serious when they tell you to drink lots of water and eat lots of ruffage!
    I am afraid I can't help with the Full Motiff, I have no idea what that is actually but if you go on the " request pattern " forum on this board and ask I am sure someone will be able to help you. Good luck with your surgery, Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so pretty! Loved it

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a pattern like tat at redheart is that the same 1? LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!