Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  69
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Shawl I made

Post Thanks / Like

Shawl I made

Here are some pics of the shawl I made a few weeks ago. Pics aren't so good, my vacuum cleaner broke (again) this week so I'm sorta feeling a little self-conscious about how dirty my carpet looks with my doggies tracking leaves in the house, I gotta go out and buy yet another one this weekend. :/ I swear I feel like vacuum cleaners are made to be disposable LOL.

Anyway, I made this beautiful shawl in Jan. I purchased the pattern on line from a poster to Pinterest.com and it was really bad, it had so many mistakes and flaws in it, it took me forever to finally finish. After much ripping out over and over and over again, I finally got it done. I'm not personally a big fan of buying patterns on line, haven't had much luck with them in the past.

So here's my finished product, I crocheted it in 100% cotton a light aqua color, kinda in between an aqua blue and a very light green. It turned out to be so heavy for me I'm kinda short, 5'3". Still I love it, especially the way it's almost like a "princess" cut style, lots of flowing drape around most of it.

That's my little Maggie Mae in the middle of it when I was trying to get some photos. Poor little girl, I got her from a rescue where she'd lived most of her life, she doesn't know how to play. She's my little snuggle-bug sweetheart.

I hope the right pics upload...

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Shawl I made-photo-10-jpg Shawl I made-photo-3-jpg Shawl I made-photo-8-jpg Shawl I made-photo-6-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that turned out beautiful. It doesn't look like it would be heavy. Your Little miss model Maggie Mae is adorable. Thanks for the share! -janine

3. Likes Landon, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Shelley! Your shawl looks great and Dog! She is real angel
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ladies, I'm so pleased with this pretty shawl, it turned out wonderful, it's so beautiful just perfect. I just love it, maybe it "feels" so heavy because I've been living with hot flashes LOL. UGH hot flashes are horrible, not even funny not at all, most of the time I feel like I'm right in front of a blasting furnace. Anyway thanks for your kind words!

Shelley

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elegant! Making shawls is my favorite thing to do. Your work and choice of color is eye catching.

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished a shawl too with a similar look. Love yours!

11. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lovely, lovely lovely!

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love them both ( dog and shawl) My daughter rescued a "pom" and she does't know how to interact with others.Sad. and of course she barkes allllll the time. Shes cute though ( thank god ) Now that you made all the changes on the patteren and its yours maybe you could share? Have you tryed Soy milk or ---brain went plank its fish oil in a pill form.) I take three a day youd think I could remember the name. Of cours im out and cant read the lable. lol I guess they do not help your memery. Anyway they helped me with the hot flashes. Sorry.

15. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your shawl and Maggie Mae. Gorgeous!

17. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your shawl is lovely !!! I haven't seen too many crocheted shawls that I like, most have been knitted. You did a wonderful job on this one.

19. Likes Landon liked this post