Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Vintage doily patterns

Vintage doily patterns-img_0191-jpgVintage doily patterns-img_0192-jpg I was looking in my yarn closet and found a box of Mother's old patterns and I was blown away there are some of the most beautiful doilies and edgings. These pictures are a couple that I found. I would be glad to copy a few and mail them to you if you would like. The first is a rose one and the second is a violet. There are several with ruffles that stand up around the edges. I can't do them and I am taking them to Mama to see if she can do them. They are old patterns I saw one book that was 10 cents so that has been a while. Okay I finally found some of the patterns but not all. I can now scan the patterns and email them to you. I will take a week of requests and then send them out. The woman who used the me2la name is no longer involved in this so disregard her posts. I will scan them and email them if you give me your email address either on here or in a pm.
    Last edited by twinfaye; 02-28-2014 at 03:11 PM. Reason: to update the information

Post Thanks / Like
    These are just beautiful! And 10 cents was on each book - tells you they are very vintage! Thanks for sharing with us! I have not done doilies yet, but want to comment on the post! :0)

3. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Vintage doily patterns-img_0191-jpgVintage doily patterns-img_0192-jpg I was looking in my yarn closet and found a box of Mother's old patterns and I was blown away there are some of the most beautiful doilies and edgings. These pictures are a couple that I found. I would be glad to copy a few and mail them to you if you would like. The first is a rose one and the second is a violet. There are several with ruffles that stand up around the edges. I can't do them and I am taking them to Mama to see if she can do them. They are old patterns I saw one book that was 10 cents so that has been a while.
    very beautiful, i have been looking at some as of late, i taught my mom to crochet, she loves making dolies and lacy crochet

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye..can you copy them and email them to me. I can make a pdf file out of them..I can use word to make them into pdf..if not I would love to have them both..they are absolutely gorgeous!

I am not feeling to well tonight..but I wanted to come by to see what is what here..I also have to go search for a doily pattern..probably a runner with butterfly but want going to look for a filet pattern. My niece still has some of my Grandmothers cord..and it is still good..(she worked in a knitting mill back her day) anyway..I told my niece I would make her a doily if she brought me some..she has a whole bolt of black..so I am looking to do a butterfly motif..I hope I can find something that will work for her dinning room table.

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How beautiful they are
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the patterns. I will copy them and mail them to you but I don't have a way to send them by email. If you would like copies please furnish your address and I will mail them to you. I didn't find any butterflies but I am telling you that they are beautiful! I love the ones that are ruffled around the border and that ruffle gets starched and stands up. I wish I could use thread and make some of these but I don't have that skill and it frustrates me to no end!! If you don't want to post your address just PM me.

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye..can you copy them and mail them to me... I would love to have them both..they are absolutely gorgeous!

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies simply blow my mind! They are just gorgeous!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne has agreed to scan them and then email to all that want them. Give her a few days and then give her a pm with your email address. me2la is her name on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love vintage doilies!! I have some old patterns from my great great aunt packed somewhere. definitely need to find them. Could you please copy the ruffled doilies for me? I can give you my address, just not sure how. Thanks!!