Likes Likes:  51
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you crocheting4u65!
    Quote Originally Posted by crocheting4u65 View Post
    very pretty

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your hat is beautifully done... your tension is even and I'm sooo jealous! LOL.

A dear friend of mine had Cancer and she lost her hair when she went thru chemo as so many do. I gave her a warm hat at Christmas time and she was so happy to get it. She put it on while inside the house and confessed that her head was always cold. Had I known that, I'd have given her one sooner.

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you caroljoan for your kind words! my tension was always like this, even when i first began crocheting. sometimes that is a bad thing when you are crocheting projects to wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolJoan View Post
    Your hat is beautifully done... your tension is even and I'm sooo jealous! LOL.

A dear friend of mine had Cancer and she lost her hair when she went thru chemo as so many do. I gave her a warm hat at Christmas time and she was so happy to get it. She put it on while inside the house and confessed that her head was always cold. Had I known that, I'd have given her one sooner.

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty love the color and the flower

Christmas order for a cancer patient for 2012!

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cancer hats

Try contacting the American cancer society. I m sure they could help you if you would like to donate. It is sure a worthy cause and the cancer patients are so happy to receive them especially with the colder weather. I would love your pattern right now I use a loom and 2 strands of yarn to make it warm. Thank you again for sharing your picture.

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty, love the flower.

12. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you craftycookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAFTYCOOKIE View Post
    very pretty, love the flower.

14. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice hat. glad your friend is recovering and hope that she continues to do so. I am trying to locate a crocheted pattern of an shawl for a cancer stricken friend. It is called angelwing. I saw it at a craft show, and thought I would search for it and find the pattern. However, I found many angel wing shawls, but none were like the one she made. I hope to catch up to her at one of the craft shows in the next few weeks and that she know where she got the pattern. In the meantime, I am trying to find it, so that I may make one for my friend. Have you seen such a pattern? Appreciate any help that you can give.

Kittylady

16. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Libertylady, WOW, love that hat, & the color is great, You do such a wonderful job on all your projects love seeing all your work. Keep up the great job!! TFS!

18. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi marsha, the hat pattern is easy--use I hook and the hat is worked in a continous round with all half double crochet stitch. chain 5 and join. row 1-- do 10 half double crochet in the ring. row 2-- do 2 half double crochet in each stitch. row 3-- do 1 half double crochet in the first stitch then do 2 half doulbe crochet in the next, repeat 1,2,1,2,1,2 all around. row 4-- do 1 half double crochet in the first stitch then do 1 half double crochet in the next then do 2 half double crochet in the next repeat 1,1,2,1,1,2 all around. row 5--do 1 half double crochet in the first stitch then do 1 half double crochet in the second stitch then do 1 half double crochet in the 3rd stitch then do 2 half double crochet stitches in the 4th stitch, repeat this 1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2 all around. row 6-- do 1 half doublde crochet stitches in the next 4 stitches and do 2 half double crochet stitches in the 5th stitch, repeat this 1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,2 all around. row 7--do 1 half double crochet in each stitch around. do this until you have your desired length of your hat. if you have an ex. large head then do one more row of increase stitches by doing 1 half double crochet in the first 6 stitches and in the 7 stitch do 2 half double crochet repeat this 1,1,1,1,1,1,2 all around. sorry for the delay, hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha View Post
    Try contacting the American cancer society. I m sure they could help you if you would like to donate. It is sure a worthy cause and the cancer patients are so happy to receive them especially with the colder weather. I would love your pattern right now I use a loom and 2 strands of yarn to make it warm. Thank you again for sharing your picture.

20. Likes janie mae liked this post