Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Barbie Pinafore

Post Thanks / Like

Barbie Pinafore

Barbie pinafore matching the one I made for granddaughter.
    I need to make some shorts now.
    Attached Images Attached Images Barbie Pinafore-barbie-pinafore-front-jpg Barbie Pinafore-barbie-pinafore-jpg 

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pinafore for Barbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks that was really hard to do as Barbie is slippery and I didn't really do a good job on it. I wanted to make a bathrobe for my little one and I tried to do one but she is kind of small and I have bulky yarn so the stitches I wanted to use didn't work out. Remember all those blankets I made? Well she loves blankets and she says those are hers so I decided to make her a blanket that really is just hers. I also have been asked by her parents to make clothes for Ken. That is another hard thing to do as he is bigger than Barbie and most of my effort looks girly. I saw on the Internet a picture of a jacket and pants (no pattern) but I thought I might try and see if I can do it. I made a pair of white shorts for Barbie to go under her Pinafore so her little fanny is covered up.
    Are you doing a lot of crochet on your vacation? Post what you finish so we can enjoy and not have to do the work (ha)
    Stay safe,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I thought you did a good job. Did you crochet around the doll? Maybe you can find a pattern that you can crochet for the ken doll where you won't have to hold the doll while crocheting. I don't know why you think I'm on vacation.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    I thought you did a good job. Did you crochet around the doll? Maybe you can find a pattern that you can crochet for the ken doll where you won't have to hold the doll while crocheting. I don't know why you think I'm on vacation.
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie, No, I did not crochet around the doll because the back is opened and it was just straight across just like the one I made for my little granddaughter. I just start a chain or a ring and try that around the waist of Barbie and go from there. I have Ken's measurements but I don't have the doll it would be easier to make his clothes. I only want to make a jacket, sweater and a pair of pants then I want to retire from Barbie clothes if my little one will let me.

About your vacation?
    I read one of your post and it said something about Holland and I thought you were on vacation there. I wrote to you and asked you if you went to the same place as the last time you were on vacation and you wrote back yes the same place. I must have something all mixed up sorry about that. I need to read more carefully. Ha, It could have been an old post.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it wasn't an old post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    No, it wasn't an old post.
    Oh, I see that now, it is where you live currently (Holland Michigan)

Silly me,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how you make such small items without a pattern, Spoula. Anyway, are you going to show us the white shorts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MeToo,

The Barbie Pinafore was an after thought to match the one I made for my granddaughter. I didn't have a pattern I just used the same color yarn and made it to look like the bigger one.

You asked about the shorts that I made for Barbie. I am hesitant to post too much on the forum. It seemed to upset someone that posted that they would not post everything they made like some people do on this forum. Maybe they didn't mean just me but I do not want to upset anyone. I joined this forum to see what others make to get ideas and learn new things. I thought others would like to see what I make and give me advice on the items like it is not good try this or that or if they like it. The first time I tried to knit a baby sweater (I don't know how to knit) I posted where I was on the sweater and asked if someone could show me what I was doing wrong. A lovely lady that knew how to knit replied to me and walked me through what I was doing and I was able to complete the sweater with her help. That is what I thought this forum was for and I have tried to help others that have questions or issues as well. I enjoy what others have made and posted it gives me ideas and I see new things or stitches in what is being posted.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,there are many of us who enjoy seeing others creations. Post! If someone is bothered by it they don't have to look. May I say I can imagine a pink skirt with Barbie's top? Super job! imalefty

12. Thanks spoula thanked for this post