Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Lap Afghan

Post Thanks / Like

Lap Afghan

Finished this afghan last night. The colors are a nice blend of dark corals to light corals.
    I added a white border at the last minute and I could have left it off as the blanket looked nice with out the border.

I used 2 skiens and the second one is the one where I posted earlier the yarn was thinner than the first with the same dye and lot number. I aso noticed that the skiens did not have the same lengths of the same color as the first. I made it for me so I am satisfied with how it turned out. if I was making it for sombody else I would have tried to match the first batch of yarn.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Lap Afghan-lap-afghan-jpg 

2. Likes PookieS21, Nova55, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice. I'm glad you're happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jean Marie

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 2 skiens and the second one is the one where I posted earlier the yarn was thinner than the first with the same dye and lot number.

LOL! There's no perfection in the world of yarn, believe me.

6. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MeToo, I have 2 skeins of Red Heart Unforgettable yarn (Polo) that I wanted to make a scarf for a friend. It is beautiful yarn and the colors are fall colors of green, orange reds and gold just looks lovely like fall leaves. I started making the scarf with the crocodile stitch as this pattern shows off the colors in different rows. It turned out to be to heavy for the kind of scarf I wanted to make. I changed to the star stitch and this looks nice and shows the color changes nicely. Then the yarn started changing to thin, then back to normal then thick. It is difficult to crochet with a J/10 hook with very thin yarn. I will finish the scarf for my friend but it is not how I pictured it looking when I started.

I always seem to get the balls of yarn that have different sizes in them. You wrote the line below so I guess you are right.

LOL! There's no perfection in the world of yarn, believe me.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty an a nice size. Sue H.

9. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Sue,

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very pretty and a pretty pattern. It shows off the color variation really great. I just love all your work. Great job! As usual! Judy

12. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Judy, Thanks for the nice complement you are always so sweet. I am currently working on a cable knit vest for my little grandson. I was almost done with the back and ready to start on the front and saw I dropped 3 stitches 47 rows down. I tried to fix it and made a mess and now I am back to the middle of the vest and hope I can get it done by Christmas. I hate when that happens.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Judy, Thanks for the nice complement you are always so sweet. I am currently working on a cable knit vest for my little grandson. I was almost done with the back and ready to start on the front and saw I dropped 3 stitches 47 rows down. I tried to fix it and made a mess and now I am back to the middle of the vest and hope I can get it done by Christmas. I hate when that happens.

Spoula
    Can you pick up the stitches without taking out the rows by going back to the dropped stitches and bringing them up each row until you're back up to the knitting needles.

15. Likes spoula liked this post