Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Knitted baby sweater

My neighbor's son and his wife just found out that they are having twin boys. I knitted a newborn sweater and hat for now and if I get some more yarn I will try to make one for the twin. I will make the other one in crochet. So they can tell the twins apart.

I have not blocked the sweater yet so it is not looking nice. It is so tiny only 8 1/2 inches long and 17 inches wide the sleeves are 5 1/4 inches long. The hat is 11 inches in circumference.
    They will be premature births so I thought it was better to make a newborn so they could have it later.
    spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Knitted baby sweater-img_20200505_135323-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 05-06-2020 at 10:27 AM.

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Nice Spoula. Are you going to make the other sweater in a different color? You always do nice work.

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie, I will use a different color to make the next item. My friend wanted different colors to tell the twins apart being that they will be identical twins.

Spoula

6. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you have done for your neighbours!

8. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nikki Jayne, It has been awhile since you have been on the forum. Did you ever finish that item for your client or friend that didn't realize how expensive hand made items can be with the cost of material and your time?

Thanks for the compliment on the newborn sweater for one of the twins. Yesterday I finished a crochet sweater for the other twin. I would like to get some cute little boy buttons like a soccer ball or something like a little train. With this virus most of the shops are closed. I don't have too much for little boys I have 3 granddaughters so most of my stash is for girls.

I hope you and your family are safe.
    Spoula