Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Ballet Tops

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I understand that it uses raw wool. (I saw some raw wool on etsy it is expensive). Did you read the article I attached? It said in order to be called felting it has to be raw wool otherwise it is called fulling. Felting is technically incorrect.

I have a wool sweater my mother in law knitted for me. The design and intricate work is so lovely I could not imagine felting that beautiful sweater. It is so heavy and keeps me warm when I am in a colder climate it is way to hot where I live currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re felting. When I had a baby I didn't want to put plastic pants over his diapers (cloth ones). So I went to the charity stores, bought a bunch of wool sweaters for real cheap, cut them into the shape of diaper covers, washed them in hot water - and, voila - really effective diaper covers. The instructions are on the internet now, but when I had a baby I had to figure it out for myself.

@Spou. Yes, you are a knitter. Even if you only ever knit once in 10 years, you are still a knitter.

3. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MeToo, Thank you for saying I am a knitter. I try and I do like a challenge keeps my mind working I hope.

My children wore cloth diapers also and I did not put plastic diaper covers on them either. Your idea for making "felted cloth diaper covers" was a clever idea.

Spoula