Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Ballet Tops

Post Thanks / Like

Ballet Tops

Crochet Blue Ballet top Front and back ties in back no sleeves
    The color is very light but looks grey on my computer

Pink Knit Ballet top 1/2 length sleeves.

Update the pink knitted ballet top pattern was for a 6 year old. I cut all the stitches by 2 in order to make it fit my 4 year old. It fits her nicely and she liked it.

The blue ballet top was a size 4 pattern and I followed the pattern exactly same yarn type same hook size same measurements. I tried it on my little one and it would fit a 10 year old. I guess she will have to grow into it.
    Spoula

They were her birthday presents from me she likes clothes and Girley things.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ballet Tops-ballet-blue-top-front-view-jpg Ballet Tops-ballet-blue-top-view-1-jpg Ballet Tops-knitted-pink-ballet-top-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 04-19-2020 at 12:20 PM.

2. Likes justplainjudy, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Spoula Is the pink one felted? It looks felted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie, No, the pink one is knitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, you have an amazing talent! I absolutely love these

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nikki, Thanks for the compliment. I have some pictures on this forum of some dresses that I have made that were a little more challenging then the ballet tops. If you get a chance check out the picture folder for there are some very talented folks on this forum that have posted what they have made. All different kinds of items and projects.
    I am happy to have found this forum and have met some very nice folks here that I call my new friends it is a very friendly place to visit and be a part of this group of talented people.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Thanks Jean Marie, No, the pink one is knitted.
    Hi Spoula, I was asking if you had put the ballet top in the wash machine on the rinse cycle so it looks like felt when you take it out of the machine. It has to be wool yarn to felt something. I've never done this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I do not block or wash my items before giving them to my family of friends. I let them wash them with the kind of detergent or whatever they use. All of my family members have severe alergies and I take that precaution when giving them anything I have made. I had to laugh when you asked me if the pink ballet top was felted. In my post I stated it was knitted. I also have said many times that I cannot take good pictures. I am not a knitter so my item must have really looked bad for you to think it was felted. Ha ha, No I have never done felting nor have I ever heard of it until some lady posted it on this forum.
    I like to try to knit if I see a pattern that I think might be fun. I like to challenge myself but I admit I am not a knitter so maybe I need to give it up. Ha

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, your item did not look bad. When something has been knitted in wool yarn and has been put in the washer on the rinse cycle so it looks like felt - it looks cool - that before it was put in the washer you could see the knit stitches and after it is taken out of the washer and dries you don't see the knit stitches anymore but it looks like felt. Cool, huh?

Maybe you don't knit all the time neither do I but when you knit you make some pretty things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for the compliment on my knitting. I liked the look of the knitted top but I didn't use wool. It would not have been a good choice for a toddler.

I remember seeing the post on here about felting but forgot what it looked like. So I looked on the Internet for "what is felting" I found this link that explains it.
    https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-felting.htm#

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    If someone is going to felt something they have to use wool yarn.