Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Blue Sweater

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! you have been busy. Quilted placemats are a nice gift, I am sure they were appreciated. I would be able to complete more if I didn't tear every item out at least 10 times.

I am happy to hear you will be around for a long time. I would love to see your finished afghans. I don't have the patience to do large projects. As I am working on one I am trying to hurry so I can do something else. That is why I like baby and toddlers clothes they don't take too much time to make.

I have 2 older granddaughters that I made bikini's and beach sandals for them but that was all so far. I have saved some of the patterns that Choiyuk (On this forum) that she posted and I need to work on some of those. My oldest granddaughter likes vintage clothing.

Spoula

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Wow! you have been busy. Quilted placemats are a nice gift, I am sure they were appreciated. I would be able to complete more if I didn't tear every item out at least 10 times.

I am happy to hear you will be around for a long time. I would love to see your finished afghans. I don't have the patience to do large projects. As I am working on one I am trying to hurry so I can do something else. That is why I like baby and toddlers clothes they don't take too much time to make.

I have 2 older granddaughters that I made bikini's and beach sandals for them but that was all so far. I have saved some of the patterns that Choiyuk (On this forum) that she posted and I need to work on some of those. My oldest granddaughter likes vintage clothing.

Spoula
    Thank you for your kind words. When I can get at the basket with my crochet (It's hiding until after the holidays. haha), I'll take a photo for you. One of the afghans is made with a pattern that looks like crochet bobbles, but is very, very soft and makes a wonderful baby blanket or throw that is very easy and works up quickly.

4. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Sue View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. When I can get at the basket with my crochet (It's hiding until after the holidays. haha), I'll take a photo for you. One of the afghans is made with a pattern that looks like crochet bobbles, but is very, very soft and makes a wonderful baby blanket or throw that is very easy and works up quickly.
    walkwsmile is/was looking for soft yarn. I don't know if she got some yarn yet or not but I thought you might want to let her know what type of yarn you used. Caron latte cakes(name of post on crochet talk) My husband says it's safer to copy and paste a link into your browser if you want to see it.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-30-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it is just regular Red Heart, but the nature of the pattern makes it feel soft. Normally I don't care for a real soft yarn as I think that it makes the patterns that I use most often too limp when they are done. Now that is just my opinion, and everyone has their favorite patterns and yarns, as well as stitching tighter or looser than I do, so it all depends on the application and the person. Sorry I can't help walkwsmile. I will check to see if I can find the name of the really soft yarn that I bought and couldn't use, maybe it will be helpful to her.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love that beautiful little sweater. I hope the child wears it til it's full of holes - and still decides to keep it.

8. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year MeToo, Thank you for your compliment. I don't know if she will wear it too much as the other day it was 70 degrees here. They are at Disney in Florida this week for the holidays. I think there is more cold weather to come so maybe she will get some more wear out of it. Since I used a smaller hook it is a really heavy and warm sweater maybe to hot for this climate.

Thanks for your post,
    Spoula

10. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year!

12. Thanks spoula, Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year to you and all the nice folks on this forum.

14. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoula!

16. Thanks spoula thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, that is soooooo awesome. It should go on a doll when she outgrows it. When I was working, I mentioned to my boss that if a had such an outfit I would keep it forever. On retiring he gave me a stuffed bunny for my bed and for over thirty years I have made my bed--it meant that much to me. That sweater is a keeper!!!!!