Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Blue Sweater

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Sweater

Finished this sweater on Monday wrapped it up and gave it to my 3 year old granddaughter Christmas Eve. She hugged it and let me try it on her. It fit perfectly and I was very happy to finally finish that one.

spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Blue Sweater-blue-sweater-front-jpg 

2. Likes Nova55, PookieS21, ramblyambly liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula!
    Your granddaughter will be snuggly warm in that beautiful sweater. It is a nice pattern! I hope your Christmas was wonderful.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

4. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dancingbaehr, Thank you so much, it turned out to be a heavy sweater because I had to go down 4 hook sizes to get the desired chest measurements. I have a 00 hook from England and it is a small hook. The Internet says it is a 13 US hook but that cannot be right. I used one of those Susan Bates metal thing you can test your hooks or knitting needles and it showed it was an F but it is smaller than an F and larger than E hook. I made my gauge with that hook after trying so many others and that was the only one I could get the gauge of the pattern.

I have not seen you on the forum for awhile. I hope all is well with you and yours and that you had a good Holiday.
    Did you make any more beautiful things for your Granddaughters this year? I like your work very much and like that you share with us.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job on the sweater Spoula! It looks like it took a while to make.

7. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie, Yes it did take some time as I was not able to work on it often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula - your sweater is beautiful! Your granddaughter sure is lucky.

10. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nova55, Thanks for the compliment. I was very lucky this time as I mostly make her items a little bigger as she is growing so fast and this sweater fit her perfectly so she should get the next few months wear out of it while it is still cold or chilly.

I just started a knit Ballet cardigan.

Spoula

12. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The sweater is beautiful. You have one lucky granddaughter. You do such nice work on everything that you make.

14. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sweet Sue, Thank you so much for the compliment. Have you made any quilts lately? When my daughter was born I purchased some material to make a quilt for her crib. I don't know anything about making a quilt but I knew how to sew. I never got around to making it. In my neighborhood there is a lady that makes quilts and they are beautiful. She made one for each of her 3 grandsons. She organized a group of ladies that live in our neighborhood to help her make quilts for Veterans and they gave them to nursing homes in our area. What a lovely thought and gift.

Spoula

16. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a number of pieced table runners and several sets of quilted placemats for Christmas gifts this year, but my major quilt project is on hold until I can catch up with some of my smaller projects. I also have two afghans that I need to finish, but they are good "car" projects when we travel or when I have to sit with my feet up for a day or so. I never work as fast or complete as many things as many of you here do. I guess I'm just a slow crocheter. That's ok. They say that you can't die until all of your projects are finished, so I guess I'll be around for a long, long time!

18. Likes Nova55 liked this post