Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Spiral Hat just finished

Charcoal gray and Pink Spiral hat for 3 year old.

Spiral Hat just finished-sprial-hat-jpg

Spiral Hat just finished-spiral-hat-jpg

Spoula

2. Likes justplainjudy, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    That's a nice hat you made. I was counting how many rounds you did and figured that the 6th or 7th rnd was the last rnd of increasing stitches on the hat you made. I like the scallops that you put on your hat. Did you have a pattern for the hat? What size hook did you use? I'm making some unicorn hats and the small ones fits babies although the pattern says that the hat fits her 5 year old girl. The hats I'm making is for a 5 and a half year old, a 8 or 9 yr. old, not sure she might be 6 yr. old and I might have another hat to make for a 7 yr. old I think (that's 4 hats) and I just sold a unicorn hat that would fit a baby.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-28-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I needed 6.5" for the crown I increased the rows until I reached that measurement. Then I quit increasing.
    I added the shells because the mother wants the ears to be covered so that added a total of 7" from crown to the end of the shells. After I finished the hat I saw a video for reversed shells that I would have liked better but I just didn't want to tear it out again. I used a G/6 hook.

Here is the video I used it is a very good video explained everything.

Part 1

Part 2

Spoula

Last edited by spoula; 08-29-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using a H hook. That's what the pattern says to use.

I wasn't sure how you did the spiral til I saw the video. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-29-2019 at 09:27 AM.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I used a G hook because I used light weight yarn. I would like to see your hat when you are done. I think her video was really good.

I am now working on that chevron dress I wanted to make since last year. I found some variegated yarn that looks good with the stitch used in the pattern. After starting the dress with yarn, I still think it would look better with cotton thread where the points of the chevron would stand out more. I won't change now I will try and finish it.
    Oh, I forgot to thank you for liking my shells on the spiral hat that was rude of me. If you make your hat try the reversed shells they will really look good. I just didn't want to start over again. Seems like I spend more time restarting all the time that is what I get for never liking my own work.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, You are welcome for the video. We all like to share and learn new things. I learned a lot of different things from the videos you posted. I liked the embroidered flowers. One day I will draw that flower on a piece of cloth and make it while watching the video you posted.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I posted the unicorn hats but I haven't seen them yet. I looked and didn't find the pictures of the unicorn hats. It's a white hat with a horn or unicorn on the top of the hat near the center with flowers and leaves in front of the unicorn and ears behind the unicorn. On the forehead part of the hat I embroidered eyes.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-29-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Is this the fower embroidery you were talking about? https://crochettalk.com/general-chit...tml?highlight=

Post Thanks / Like
    Spiral Hat just finished-100_6511-jpg The ties are the color of the one on the above right

Spiral Hat just finished-100_6516-jpg

Spiral Hat just finished-100_6518-jpg

Spiral Hat just finished-100_6519-1-jpg

Spiral Hat just finished-100_6513-jpg

The flowers I crocheted for the hats now are a pink, blue and lavender and I have 1 purple flower
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-29-2019 at 01:51 PM.

12. Likes justplainjudy, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    Is this the fower embroidery you were talking about? https://crochettalk.com/general-chit...tml?highlight=

Hi Jean Marie, NO, that is not the one you sent a different one and I thought I saved it. I drew out the flower on a piece of paper and was going to ask my husband to draw it on the fabric as he has a steady hand.
    Now I can't find the video you posted. If you saved any of the ones you posted it was a flower with pointed petals and the stitches were pink with red. It was not checkerboard look but intertwined colors and very pretty. I will need to look back at some of you older videos to see if I can find it unless you saved some.

Thanks for reminding me because I would have thought I saved the video and would be disappointed to start and not have it.
    Spoula