Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet/Knit summer purse

Finally finished that summer purse I was working on. I did different stitches in crochet and the darker blue is Knit with garter stitch (only on the wide part). The other dark blue is crochet stitches. I just needed to use up some yarn that I had left over. I lined it with white fabric and made a crochet chain loop to close around the large button. I made the straps longer to go on my shoulder so that I can have my hands free.

Seems I am accident prone lately tripping or falling down. I need my hands free to catch myself.
    Spoula

Crochet/Knit summer purse-crochet-knit-purse-jpg
    Last edited by spoula; 08-10-2019 at 05:49 AM.

2. Likes Nova55, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I clicked on the Crochet/Knit summer purse and it's a AOL login and they ask for a username or email. The purse sounds nice. It sounds like you knitted and crocheted on the purse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie thanks for letting me know. I copied the picture from my computer after I took it. I don't usually do that. When I completed the post yesterday I could see the purse so I thought it was OK. Below is another try at posting the finished purse.
    Spoula

Crochet/Knit summer purse-crochet-knit-purse-jpg

5. Likes handmadeRose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula
    I see there's a picture now on your second post and there's also a picture on the first post. I don't know why it didn't show a picture before - maybe because it was night time. It's a interesting purse. Are both sides the same or is the back a solid color?
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I crocheted and knitted in the round so yes they are the same on both sides. All 7 rows are different stitches and all colors are different weights of yarn. I was just playing around to use up some yarn and folks at the pool kept telling me how much they liked the colors and I ended up with this. The dark color is actually a very pretty navy blue but it looks black in the picture.
    Thanks about saying it is an interesting purse does that mean you are not sure you like it? Just kidding it doesn't matter I may never use it. I just wanted to kill some time and use some yarn. Crochet is very relaxing and by the pool I get more done than when I am home. The natural light it so much better to work small stitches.

I don't know why the picture didn't show up the first time. I saw it when I posted it and I saw it when you said you did not see it. I am not sure what happened but if you can see it now so can others. Thanks for letting me know.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I just thought the purse was different. It's changing color every row or every few rows. A striped purse. No, I don't think I would want a striped purse. Are you going to put a pocket in it?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, No, I won't add a pocket I thought about it and I didn't do it because I didn't use double yarn to make it stiff. I wanted it to be light weight and I only carry my identification with me so I don't need anything else in there for the summer months.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really pretty! Great job! Judy

11. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Justplainjudy, Thank you so much. What have you been working on latley?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Your purse (finished at last!) turned out beautiful.