Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet grapth mickey and minnie

What am i doing wrong when i am changing colour
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet  grapth mickey  and minnie-20190726_192825-jpg Crochet  grapth mickey  and minnie-20190726_191532-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you think you're doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Chars50, There are different ways you can change colors when you crochet. For example your last stitch will be a white one and you want to now start on the black color. Before you complete your white stitch attach your black color yarn on your hook and complete you last white stitch pulling the black through the white. Also some patterns ask that you carry the yarn that you are not using across the back so it can be ready for the next row.

I don't know where you are in your pattern to answer directly or correctly and looking at your picture I can't tell if you are refering to the black yarn. I just saw that you have a picture of Mickey. Are you making this picture and if you say where you are in the picture and which row you are on I am sure somebody might be able to help you. You are asking what are you doing wrong but you need to say what you are trying to do so it can ve determined if you are doing something wrong maybe you are doing it correctly.

Let us know so we can help you,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Chars50, There are different ways you can change colors when you crochet. For example your last stitch will be a white one and you want to now start on the black color. Before you complete your white stitch attach your black color yarn on your hook and complete you last white stitch pulling the black through the white. Also some patterns ask that you carry the yarn that you are not using across the back so it can be ready for the next row.

I don't know where you are in your pattern to answer directly or correctly and looking at your picture I can't tell if you are refering to the black yarn. I just saw that you have a picture of Mickey. Are you making this picture and if you say where you are in the picture and which row you are on I am sure somebody might be able to help you. You are asking what are you doing wrong but you need to say what you are trying to do so it can ve determined if you are doing something wrong maybe you are doing it correctly.

Spoula
    If you look at the black in the picture and black in the crochet bit that I have done it not the same

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I am looking at your picture on my computer I see some grey yarn some white yarn and some black yarn in the white.
    So you must be on the hands of Minnie. Also (I can't see well) but it looks like you have a row of black at the bottom of the white ( the wrist of Minnie) and you pulled the black yarn up the back of the white to put a stitch on the top or the white for the 3 black lines in her gloves. Did you cut the black yarn and start a new color or you are trying to bring it up from the wrist. Also your black stitch does not look like the white one are they different stitches in your pattern? Are you keeping the same tension?

I will be online for awhile but will have to leave for an appointment. Others on here can also help. If you don't get an answer right away I will check back in later this evening or tomorrow to see if you got the help you needed. Jean Marie can step in she is good at helping others.
    Last edited by spoula; 07-30-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chars 50, Is this picture the right side (front) or Wrong side (the back) of your item? Also have the other post helped you? Do you still need help? The black color does not look like a single crochet.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Chars50, There are different ways you can change colors when you crochet. For example your last stitch will be a white one and you want to now start on the black color. Before you complete your white stitch attach your black color yarn on your hook and complete you last white stitch pulling the black through the white. Also some patterns ask that you carry the yarn that you are not using across the back so it can be ready for the next row. But I do that and it doesn't work with black I ripe it out and starting over again

I don't know where you are in your pattern to answer directly or correctly and look oking at your picture I can't tell if you are refering to the black yarn. I just saw that you have a picture of Mickey. Are you making this picture and if you say where you are in the picture and which row you are on I am sure somebody might be able to help you. You are asking what are you doing wrong but you need to say what you are trying to do so it can ve determined if you are doing something wrong maybe you are doing it correctly.

Spoula
    Am eying do crochet black but it not working same as patrern

Post Thanks / Like
    Chars50, Can you send me the link to your pattern? Or if you write the instructions of the row you are on I can read what you are trying to do and see if I can help you.
    The stitch in black may be different then the other stitches you made as the graph shows black lines in the white gloves. Also are you doing the white stitches and when you get to the black you are changing color and then doing white again?

Are you joining the black color each time or are you caring the black yarn up as you go? All these things will help us know how to help you.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I am looking at your picture on my computer I see some grey yarn some white yarn and some black yarn in the white.
    So you must be on the hands of Minnie. Also (I can't see well) but it looks like you have a row of black at the bottom of the white ( the wrist of Minnie) and you pulled the black yarn up the back of the white to put a stitch on the top or the white for the 3 black lines in her gloves. Did you cut the black yarn and start a new color or you are trying to bring it up from the wrist. Also your black stitch does not look like the white one are they different stitches in your pattern? Are you keeping the same tension?

I will be online for awhile but will have to leave for an appointment. Others on here can also help. If you don't get an answer right away I will check back in later this evening or tomorrow to see if you got the help you needed. Jean Marie can step in she is good at helping others.
    It not the hands it the feet shoes am doing and the black not same as pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    It not the hands it the feet shoes am doing and the black not same as pattern

Hello Chars50, OK you are working on which shoe Mickey or Minnie? What stitch are you using for the black? You said in another post you are using single crochet. Is the black a different crochet stitch?
    Can you send me the pattern or copy the instructions of where you are now so we can help you.

Spoula