Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Summer purse

Post Thanks / Like

Summer purse

Hello,

I made this little summer purse yesterday afternoon. I have been trying to think of a way to use the 2 stitches that I like and use up some leftover yarn. This little purse worked up nicely and all I have in it is my wallet and glasses.

It is a cream color with grey I lined the inside with a piece of fabric that was white and it makes the cream look dirty but nobody is looking inside my purse but me and maybe one of the grandkids looking for gum.

The cream color I used the knit stitch and the grey I used the HDC3rd stitch to make the design.
    I used an I hook and worsted #4 yarn.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Summer purse-summer-purse-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Nice Spoula

3. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't familiar with the HDC3rd loop so I watched a video on google.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    You must be a fast crocheter to be able to get that purse done in one afternoon. Even if I sit and crochet for a few hours I wouldn't get that far. I only have 12 rows of dc done so far on the cardigan and it's been probably an hour or two. I don't what time I started it. By the time you read this I'll have some more rows done. Today is Thursday, May 2nd.

Did you crochet the purse in two pieces and sew them together?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-02-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    You must be a fast crocheter to be able to get that purse done in one afternoon. Even if I sit and crochet for a few hours I wouldn't get that far. I only have 12 rows of dc done so far on the cardigan and it's been probably an hour or two. I don't what time I started it. By the time you read this I'll have some more rows done. Today is Thursday, May 2nd.

Did you crochet the purse in two pieces and sew them together?
    Hello Jean Marie, No I didn't crochet two pieces it is all one piece. It worked up really fast. I worked from the base going around to get the size I wanted then I started up the sides in the round. Once you get the size of the base you want the sides are easy just going around and around. I started the cream color for about 4 rounds and pulled it out. The stitch I was trying looked bulky and I did not like the look. I pulled that out and then started the Knit stitch and it fell into place quickly.

The crochet part didn't take long. I spent more time in sewing the seams in the lining and then to the purse.

spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up getting 24 rows done on the cardigan for the back side and I ended it off just before 6 pm. with the stainless steel or metal gold color H hook. I chained 32 to start.

Was it hard to get the handles on both sides even?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, No it was not hard to get the handles lined up. I was wondering why you asked that question so I went back to the picture I posted. I had to laugh because I had already loaded my purse with stuff and took the picture as an after thought. I put it down on the table by holding one side of the top not by the handles so it does look like it is out of shape but it is not.
    Thanks for letting me know. (ha, you know I cannot take good pictures nor can I pose my items).

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    The handles look like they're lined up in the picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello,

I made this little summer purse yesterday afternoon. I have been trying to think of a way to use the 2 stitches that I like and use up some leftover yarn. This little purse worked up nicely and all I have in it is my wallet and glasses.

It is a cream color with grey I lined the inside with a piece of fabric that was white and it makes the cream look dirty but nobody is looking inside my purse but me and maybe one of the grandkids looking for gum.

The cream color I used the knit stitch and the grey I used the HDC3rd stitch to make the design.
    I used an I hook and worsted #4 yarn.
    Spoula
    Hello Spoola,
    What is a HDC3rd stitch? I have not seen that one before. Sounds interesting.

Thank You,
    Myra