Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished crochet top and skirt today

Hello, Finished dress today except sewing the top to the skirt just pinned it now as I am tired. I think the top is too heavy looking for the skirt part. I had to go down 4 hook sizes to get the number of stitches I needed for the shells. I should have purchased a fingerling yarn but the yarn I did buy was the perfect match of the pink flowers in the fabric.

I need help in deciding which set of buttons to use 2 dark pink, one light pink or 2 light pink and 1 dark pink? Picture below only one came through. The one with light pink buttons did not but you can see them below.

I make a sample of the shells for the bottom on the dress and I don't like it so I am not going to add it.

Let me know what you think about the buttons and the dress.

spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Finished crochet top and skirt today-dress-dark-buttons-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 04-13-2019 at 02:08 PM.

2. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Very Nice dress! It looks like you put a hem on the bottom of the dress? I guess you don't have 3 light buttons so I would use 2 light buttons and 1 dark button. But that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTE=Jean Marie;213831]Hi Spoula,
    Very Nice dress! It looks like you put a hem on the bottom of the dress? I guess you don't have 3 light buttons so I would use 2 light buttons and 1 dark button. But that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jean Marie, Thanks, I only had 4 buttons 2 of each color and I couldn't make up my mind. Th top looks really light in the picture but it is dark like the dark pink buttons and the flowers in the skirt. Here's a picture with 2 light and 1 dark like you suggested.

I didn't hem the bottom yet as I was trying the shells to see if I would like them. Since I didn't like them I will go ahead and hem the skirt but a little shorter as I allowed for the shells.

I don't understand why it keeps giving me the same picture I have 2 pictures different buttons and keeps showing the same picture they are not even named the same.
    Can't delete the picture so I am sorry for the duplicate.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Finished crochet top and skirt today-dress-light-pink-buttons-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 04-13-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    If the top is darker then I would think darker buttons would look better w/1 dark button on top and 1 dark button on bottom and the light button in the middle just how you have it but in the end it's up to you .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I asked for advise and you gave it so thank you so much. I think that would look nice too.

Did you think the top looks to bulky for the skirt? It is heavy. I think it wouuld look better with thread not yarn. I may not give it to her this Saturday but wait to make another top in thread.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Spoula,
    I don't think the top looks too heavy. Do you already have the top attached to the skirt? If you want to make anther top w/thread I think it would look nicer and it would be cooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,
    This dress is so adorable!! You did a wonderful job on it. I agree that the two dark buttons with one light button in the middle would finish it well. Will you post a picture of the recipient modeling it? Dafydil

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello dafydil, Thank you so much. I am in the process of finishing the top all over again. I changed to thread it is much lighter not so heavy as the yarn. I added a bow to the front of the dress just under the top. I will take your suggestions with the 2 dark buttons and the light one in the middle. I will post it later. I have my hands full with my little grandson today.

Thanks,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are making the top all over again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MeToo, Yes already finished it. I need to sew the buttons on it. I will do that today and attach it to the skirt and I want to reduce the bow I made to be a bit smaller. I can do that while his granddaddy is playing with him. We enjoy him so much so we take turns each spending time with him then we do something together.

Spoula