Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

My first graphghans :-)

I’ve always been a fan of seeing blankets and crocheted items with pictures or cute characters on them. Last year, I completed a blanket for my best friend’s new baby that was made up of different colored granny squares in the design of a little fox to match the nursery. I loved how it came out, but it was soo time consuming with sewing the pieces together and then weaving in all of the ends. I loved the look of it but I wanted to try something different for my nephew (1.5 yrs old) and his little brother on the way (due in Feb). I was googling and pinteresting to get some new ideas and found the graphghans. I figured I would give it a shot and I’m so pleased with how it turned out! I found some cute graph pictures online and bought some graph paper to draw it out myself. I used hdc for the majority of the project and sc and hdc around the border. I learned a lot during the process and really enjoyed it. The hardest part was keeping my yarn untangled with all of the color changing. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to keep yarn untangled? For the 2nd one (Robin) I googled some hacks and found that making bobbins out of clothes pins worked best for me. It was easy to pin to the blankie in order to turn my work. I’m happy with how they turned out and my nephew absolutely loves it! I will be making another one soon! :-) My first graphghans :-)-f1de634e-2912-476b-88f1-bf9d4a17ebde-jpgMy first graphghans :-)-d3d48e65-3066-4c7f-b4f3-7408d5b4d9aa-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a good job

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    They look wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us!