Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Knitted Tote

Post Thanks / Like

Knitted Tote

Finally finished this Knitted Tote. I can't believe all the mistakes I made with the handles and lining. I sewed the handles on each side that made the bag dip in the middle. I then sewed the lining in perfectly and it was in backwards with the seams showing. I did each thing twice.

I am so glad it is done. Now I am on to crocheting hats for the winter.

I have attached the pattern picture and my 2 pictures. It kind of looks like the Pattern I think.

https://crochettalk.com/attachment.p...4&d=1541710327

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Knitted Tote-knit-tote-jpg Knitted Tote-lininng-tote-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 11-19-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: left out a word

2. Likes Toffee, karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Good job knitting Spoula A lot of color changes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for the compliment. I wanted a challenge so I chose that pattern. It was really not as hard as I thought it would be. Besides the written instructions it had a chart so that helped me to keep track of the color yarn needed. The little knitted sweater with all of the designs and stitches that I didn't know how to do was much harder to do then this tote. If you knit the pattern was a free one you might want to try.

Are you on the right track now with you doll dress? I don't understand what is going on with these post. I get an email that shows I have received a message but when I go to the message it is never the current one so I am really confused to which post I am responding to. Let me know if you need more help but based on one of your post it looks like you figured it out.
    Spoula

5. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job - the end result is what counts.

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Nova you are right but I was just so distracted I kept making silly mistakes and I lost interest in finishing it. I had to force myself. Now it is done.

Spoula

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous tote, Spou.

11. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Thank you Nova you are right but I was just so distracted I kept making silly mistakes and I lost interest in finishing it. I had to force myself. Now it is done.

Spoula
    Sometimes you need to put a project aside for a while, especially if it's getting frustrating. Coming back to a project after clearing your head works so much better!

13. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Sometimes you need to put a project aside for a while, especially if it's getting frustrating. Coming back to a project after clearing your head works so much better!
    I quite agree and it goes for other things, also. When I just can't solve the Scrabble or Cryptoquote in the daily newspaper, after trying for a long time, I put it aside til the next day. I pick it up, and, voila, the answer just comes (usually, anyway).

15. Likes Nova55, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MeToo. My next project is a cross stitch picture of my little granddaughter. I just need to buy the thread. I don't want to use the thread color they proposed in the pattern. The colors are just too dark.

Spoula

17. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post