Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Latest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves

Just finished this as a stash buster. Inspired by Ravelry's Easy End cardigan pattern and Spruce patterns pewter ruffled cardigan pattern, but I designed and created it myself. At rough estimate, this will fit Miss 14-22, but has lots of stretch. Latest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves-1005182123-jpgLatest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves-1005182124b-jpgLatest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves-1005182124a-jpgLatest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves-1005182124-jpg

Would love feedback. This is a mixture of alpaca, acrylic and Red Heart Scarfie in Forest Green/Black.

Loremaster

P.S. If anyone wants the pattern, I can write it out.

2. Likes karenlatlas, Toffee, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cute! Yes please for pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Warning: this is my first-ever pattern write-up so please bear with me. I did borrow from https://stitchesnscraps.com/free-pattern-new-eastside/ for the bodice back, shoulders and neck shaping. The rest is me. Please let me know of any mistakes. I want to learn and do better! ��

You will need:

Your stash (we all have one!) OR 4 (S,M) 5 (M,L) 6 (L,XL) skeins of 7 oz yarn. Chunky works better. I do love the way that the Scarfie yarn looks worked up.
    J hook
    Yarn needle
    3 buttons, preferably large and ones that make a statement. They don't need to match unless you want them to.
    Safety pins to mark stitches

Bottom: foundational chain measured to come fully around waist and meet in front. Add 3 ch.
    *DC, ch 1* in 3rd st., repeat from * each ch. Turn.
    Repeat row 2 for 22 more rows.

Bodice:

Row 23: measure around bust. Mark 3rd stitch from each end to allow space for armholes.

Back bodice: see directions for "back" on https://stitchesnscraps.com/free-pattern-new-eastside/

Right front: DC till row comes over bust and meets in front. Mine (Miss 1-2X) was 38 DC. Last st. 2DCTog.

Rows following: DC up right front until worked area reaches collarbone.

Repeat on other side for left front.

Shoulders: work for right side first. Make certain you mark which is right front, right side and left front, left side.

Following taken from https://stitchesnscraps.com/free-pattern-new-eastside/

I added two sizes to XL for shoulders and shaping neck as per pattern but I am giving full credit for pattern inspiration and "borrowing" here.

Once neck is shaped both sides, wrap around to check fit and to ensure that neck is shaped correctly. Trust me: you will save yourself a HUGE headache.

Join shoulders front to back with sc. Fit it again to check drape and balance.

Optional: I did a row of sc "piping" around the outer edge in a contrast color. Just gives it a finished look, IMHO.

Sleeves: I repeated the DC, ch 1, DC pattern around armhole, spiraled down to elbow length. You can choose to make a cap sleeve, short sleeve, elbow length, 3/4 length or long sleeve. However, if you want long sleeves, I would do this pattern to 3/4 length before the ruffle.

Ruffle: 3 rows V stitch, ch, V stitch.

Last row: in every other stitch, shell as follows: *sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc* fasten off.

Sew in all loose ends.

Front bodice: measure rows to waist and divide by three.

Buttons and loops

Top row, right front: join yarn, ch loop. Because I used large buttons, my loops are ch 7.

Repeat for bottom row of bodice, just above waist.

In exact center between the two, join jarn and repeat loop.

On left front edge, use a yarn needle and sew buttons to edge on top row bodice, bottom row bodice and center between the two. Make sure loops fit buttons. It helps to "anchor" each button with 3 loops around the base before you knot and fasten off.

Done! Go out there and amaze everyone with your awesome accomplishment! And if you want to post pics, I promise to applaud madly!
    Last edited by Loremaster; 10-11-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Typo from auto correct...

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a sleeveless dress with a shawl to wrap around? As far as colors go I like the purple one. I like browns. Can't tell if the brown skirt is a dark or light brown or orange. I like the blue and green colors in the last picture or is that gray and green?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Is this a sleeveless dress with a shawl to wrap around? As far as colors go I like the purple one. I like browns. Can't tell if the brown skirt is a dark or light brown or orange. I like the blue and green colors in the last picture or is that gray and green?
    It's a long jacket, kind of a duster, sleeves attached. The bottom is pumpkin colored alpaca. The sleeves are shades of green including olive with Kelly green sequins woven in for bling. I had a lot of mill end yarn to use up. Joann's had a big sale on some really cute colors a while back. There's no blue or purple in this but I did do a stash buster vest variation in teal with Yarn Bee Aurora Borealis at the bottom and cap sleeves with more mill end yarn. With a pocket I just crocheted and sewed an ornamental button on for flair.Latest project, Fall jacket with flutter sleeves-1006181445-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    cute jackets

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I'm having fun. Wish I could sell them...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your jackets. You know how to stash-bust to good effect. Isn't this style somewhat like what they used to call a frock coat? They aren't just for men anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words! I don't know...will research "frock coat" on Google and see what comes up. If it's trendy, hey! God is good!