Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

Chevron Blue and White stripe baby dress

Hello everyone, I made this stripe chevron baby dress for my new great niece. I didn't have a pattern for this one. I had some yarn left over and just started trying to make something.

I made if to fit a 9-12 month size and used an E/4 crochet hook. I started with increasing every row and it was really cute and had very sharp points. (I liked this design better than the finished one I am posting)

I though that the sharp points might be a little too much for a baby dress so I started over and made them all with the same number of stitches except the last 2 rows where I increased.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Chevron Blue and White stripe baby dress-chevron-baby-dress-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 06-08-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spacing

Post Thanks / Like
    You did that without a pattern? That's pretty good Spoula. The colors look nice.

3. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Yes, I did this one without a pattern. I was just playing around with some left over yarn that I had. I didn't have a lot left so I was not sure I could complete the dress. So I chose to make it with two colors. I like the top it turned out better then I thought it would. I am disappointed in the chevron part. It looks crooked to me as I tried to keep the same number of stitches around. My first attempt at making the chevron stitches looked better but the skirt portion would have ended up way to big for a little baby when you increase every row.

Thanks for the compliment.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    You did do a wonderful job on the dress & headband. I love it!!! I don't see "crockedness" either. Very nice!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello missro007, Thank you so much for the nice compliment. I spend more time pulling out stitches than doing them. I seem to always find fault with something I am making.

I do appreciate the feedback that all of the nice folks on this forum such as yourself that take the time to reply or make a comment. I think it helps all of us to make this the best forum with encouragement and helping others.
    Spoula

7. Thanks missro007 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello everyone, I made this stripe chevron baby dress for my new great niece. I didn't have a pattern for this one. I had some yarn left over and just started trying to make something.

I made if to fit a 9-12 month size and used an E/4 crochet hook. I started with increasing every row and it was really cute and had very sharp points. (I liked this design better than the finished one I am posting)

I though that the sharp points might be a little too much for a baby dress so I started over and made them all with the same number of stitches except the last 2 rows where I increased.

Spoula
    Dear Spoola,

You did it again!!! Beautiful little dress! Although I don't know how you always manage to pull it off (Without!!!) a pattern. That is amazing. I guess that I haven't made enough clothes yet to figure it out on my own. Some things I can do, but not clothes.

As Always, I love your work.
    Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heidi89 View Post
    Dear Spoola,

You did it again!!! Beautiful little dress! Although I don't know how you always manage to pull it off (Without!!!) a pattern. That is amazing. I guess that I haven't made enough clothes yet to figure it out on my own. Some things I can do, but not clothes.

As Always, I love your work.
    Myra
    Hello heidi89, Thank you so much for your reply. I had been making some dresses for my little granddaughter and I was just playing around with some left over yarn and the bodice came out kind of cute. Then I said OK now what kind of skirt can I make. I didn't have too much yarn so I settled on the chevron stitch as it does not take up as much yarn as the shells and other stitches. So that is how I made that dress without a pattern just dumb luck that is how this one got pulled off. Ha.

If you start small you will be able to figure it out then you can move on to clothes.
    I only started crocheting little dresses when my granddaughter was going to be born. She just turned 2 in May so you see I have not been crocheting very long at all.

Don't give up if I can do it I believe you can too.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful dress and headband - and no pattern?!! Kudos to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova55, Thanks so much for your reply I like Kudos.

Have you started clothes for Arthur and his new friends yet?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not yet. I had finished a new design for a crescent shawlette/scarf, but I need to write the pattern. I've also finished my version of the Metro Kerchief which I'll discuss in my next blog post. I'm currently working on two wraps (using up some stash!). What I'm REALLY trying to get done though is organizing my bed/craft room. My husband finished the room last October, and I still have boxes in the hallway and on the kitchen table. I am ashamed! So my main effort right now is to get this room together - in between occasional cooking, cleaning, laundry......