Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Lacy Baby Dress

Post Thanks / Like

Lacy Baby Dress

Finally finished the baby dress I had been working on. I decided not to block it.

The yarn I used is Super Fine #1 and the color is Denim Blue. I used a 3.5mm or E hook. Size 18 months.
    Light Green ribbon.

Spoula

Oh after posting the picture I noticed that the sleeves were smashed up they are puff sleeves.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lacy Baby Dress-p1060579-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 02-28-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added comment

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    At long last! Just beautiful. Hope to see a photo of the child wearing it.

PS. I had meant to add that I love the colour. It is not often we see babies' dresses in anything other than Fisher-Pricey eyesore shades. Or pastel shades, which are okay in my books.
    Last edited by MeToo!; 03-01-2018 at 07:48 AM.

4. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aw Shucks MeToo! You say the nicest things to me. Thanks for the compliment.

Spoula

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did a really good job Spoula!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MeToo, I purchased this yarn to knit a sweater but couldn't keep the thin yarn on the needles and every knit pattern I tried it didn't look good to me so I ended up with a crochet dress. I started out to make a top to wear with blue jeans. The baby has some of those skinning jeans and I thought a cute top with that color would look good. Then I changed it to a dress. That is the beauty of crochet you can make up what you want. I can't do that in knitting.
    Thanks for you replies you know how much I enjoy your sense of humor.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie, This one took me some time to do as I wanted to move on to other things. I stopped on this dress to do the cross stitch of my little grandson. Once I finished the cross stitch I knew I had to finish the dress. I wish I had made the puff sleeves less puffy.
    P.S. On your blanket you finished I asked if it the squares were puffy because I saw a blanket on the Internet that was made with little round balls and stitched together like you did yours. You said they were not puffy. That was a lot of work.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out to make a top to wear with blue jeans. The baby has some of those skinning jeans and I thought a cute top with that color would look good

At first I thought you meant you were making a top for yourself (to wear with blue jeans).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    I started out to make a top to wear with blue jeans. The baby has some of those skinning jeans and I thought a cute top with that color would look good

At first I thought you meant you were making a top for yourself (to wear with blue jeans).
    Awh MeToo,
    You have to read between the lines sometimes. I type really fast and don't always go back and read what I wrote. I should but I am too lazy.

Spoula

12. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Spoula,

I haven't been on much lately, but this time I just now saw your cute little dress. It is beautiful. Great job. I always enjoy seeing the things posted. I haven't done too much lately either. I've been kinda sick and not in the making mood I guess. But I did finish a sweater for a belated Christmas present. I will try to post it. God bless all who are so caring and encouraging on this site.

Myra
    I guess it won't let me put up a picture this time. I will try otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Heidi89, Thank you. I hope you get to post your sweater. I think if you create a new thread or go to pictures to post your sweater it will work. When you reply to another persons post there are only icons for a link or to insert a video or image. I have not seen an icon for attachments.

Spoula