Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Dancingbaehr, That is really cute. Nice job.
    Spoula
    Thank you, Spoula for your nice comment! Have you ever tried Tapestry crochet?
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dancingbaehr, I looked on line to see a video of what Tapestry crochet looked like. I didn't know it was called that. I actually made a striped baby sweater once using that procedure. Generally I do not like to carry yarn along the item. I think it is a waste of yarn and makes the item bulky. I do think it is very nice to use for little designs like your pretty pillow or small items. I saw a video of this on another web site called something else and they stated when changing yarn colors to only use it for 5 stitches at a time. I think at the time I made the sweater I was using across the bottom and more then 5 stitches at time. Maybe that is why I didn't like the look too much. Then I just changed colors at the end of the row each time without carrying the yarn the whole length of the sweater.
    I do like your ideas and the pillow turned out so cute.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 09-01-2017 at 07:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again, Spoula!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really neat. I am sure your friend will like it. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "tapestry crochet". I looked it up, as follows. I don't quite get it, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MeToo!;200742]That is really neat. I am sure your friend will like it. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "tapestry crochet". I looked it up, as follows. I don't quite get it, though.

Hi MeToo! Thanks for your kind words! It really isn't hard to do at all. The videos are easy to follow.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Tapestry crochet is crocheting a picture in your work. In order to crochet a picture, different colors of yarn are needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's right, Jean Marie. And, the best way to do it is to have separate balls of yarn for each section of the work, so you don't need to carry yarn across large areas. If you only have a few stitches between colors, it is okay to carry the yarn across. Keeping the separate balls from tangling is tricky though.