Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Front of Lotus blossom toddler dress

This is the front of the dress.

I tried several times to rotate the picture but it keeps showing up sideways. Sorry about that.

I didn't take this picture so it should be clear. I am not very good with a camera.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Front of Lotus blossom toddler dress-p1060169-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a pretty little old fashioned dress. It is sad that children grow so fast that they can't wear their nice stuff for all that long! I hope you can send us a photo of the child when she's wearing it. You could pose her in such a way that we don't see her face. (What a demented world, huh.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    This is the front of the dress.

I tried several times to rotate the picture but it keeps showing up sideways. Sorry about that.

I didn't take this picture so it should be clear. I am not very good with a camera.

Spoula
    I think you got it, Spoula. How did you finally figure it out? It's beautiful. And I like the color. Did you follow the chart or did you improvise again. Very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Choiyuk,
    No, I didn't follow the chart both charts were confusing when comparing to the written pattern. I think one matched the white dress picture and the other matched what she was trying to imply in the written pattern. There wasn't enough of the chart picture to see how she got to that point. No matter I just enlarged the picture of the white dress pattern and tried to recreate the stitches. I must admit doing the blossom part to get it between the leaves took me awhile to figure out. Once I got it where it was supposed to be it came together. (if you look at the picture of the white dress the 4 dc together is in the written pattern but the dress shows a chain space between the 4 dc ) The space between the 4 dc is what makes the blossom fan out. Because I made the skirt in the beginning based on her written instructions I had no space. I was to far into the skirt to rip it out again I had already done so many times to get the leaves right. So that is where I started to improvise the pattern.

The dress is really beautiful but too big right now for the baby girl. She might be able to wear it next year. I would like to make this dress again but maybe in thread or a smaller yarn so that the detail of the leaves and blossoms shows up better. The pictures posted don't show what a pretty color the dress really is nor the buttons or the ribbon. The ribbon has a silver shiny thread that runs through the middle and makes the dress color pop. As I said before I like this ladies patterns her dresses are beautiful. The purple dress that I did was also hers I didn't have a pattern for it. You posted the written pattern a couple of days ago and I am very happy because now I can see if I did the dress correctly or not. Thanks again for the patterns and the encouragement.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Choiyuk,
    No, I didn't follow the chart both charts were confusing when comparing to the written pattern. I think one matched the white dress picture and the other matched what she was trying to imply in the written pattern. There wasn't enough of the chart picture to see how she got to that point. No matter I just enlarged the picture of the white dress pattern and tried to recreate the stitches. I must admit doing the blossom part to get it between the leaves took me awhile to figure out. Once I got it where it was supposed to be it came together. (if you look at the picture of the white dress the 4 dc together is in the written pattern but the dress shows a chain space between the 4 dc ) The space between the 4 dc is what makes the blossom fan out. Because I made the skirt in the beginning based on her written instructions I had no space. I was to far into the skirt to rip it out again I had already done so many times to get the leaves right. So that is where I started to improvise the pattern.

The dress is really beautiful but too big right now for the baby girl. She might be able to wear it next year. I would like to make this dress again but maybe in thread or a smaller yarn so that the detail of the leaves and blossoms shows up better. The pictures posted don't show what a pretty color the dress really is nor the buttons or the ribbon. The ribbon has a silver shiny thread that runs through the middle and makes the dress color pop. As I said before I like this ladies patterns her dresses are beautiful. The purple dress that I did was also hers I didn't have a pattern for it. You posted the written pattern a couple of days ago and I am very happy because now I can see if I did the dress correctly or not. Thanks again for the patterns and the encouragement.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    Wow! You improvised using an enlarged picture. That is quite an accomplishment. It turned out beautifully. I would never be able to do it without a pattern. If I get stuck, I would rip it out and quick. You truely do have the patience of a saint. And you are very talented to figure it out from a picture. Like MeToo said,I hope you will post a picture of the baby wearing the dress when it fits her. If you do make the dress again, it would be easier this time because you have the experience. You're very welcome. If I was able to help, I'm glad. Thank you for letting me be a part of this.
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wadepersonal View Post
    I love the color.
    Thank you wadepersonal, I was looking for a pale blue and found this one a very bright aqua.
    spoula