Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Knitted Basket Weave sweatter finished

Well I finally finished sewing on the buttons of the knitted baby Basket weave sweater I was making.
    I had stopped so that I could make the bikinis for my other granddaughters. I will post those also.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Knitted Basket Weave sweatter finished-p1060149-jpg 

2. Likes karenlatlas, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Spoula, that is perfect! May I ask where you got the pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you CrochetSuzieQ, I saw this pattern on the Internet and downloaded it a while back. I have it as a pdf file and would be most happy to send you a copy if you would like. If you send me a private message with your email address I can send you the pattern.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    very nice spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie,
    It turned out to be an easy pattern once I got pass the first decreases. I still like crochet better.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I still like crochet better.

Ha ha ha! I know a woman who just hates crochet compared to knitting. She says she hates "the way you have to DIG" and she made an angry face when she said this. It's true, sometimes you have to put a bit of pressure. When I watch knitters, they don't seem to have struggles of any kind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    I still like crochet better.

Ha ha ha! I know a woman who just hates crochet compared to knitting. She says she hates "the way you have to DIG" and she made an angry face when she said this. It's true, sometimes you have to put a bit of pressure. When I watch knitters, they don't seem to have struggles of any kind.

Hi MeeToo, Well you haven't seen me try to knit. Shaky hands bad words said out loud grinding teeth to keep the yarn on the needle. Always a challenge that is why I do it. Crochet to me is more relaxing.
    As always love you sense of humor.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, maybe those knitters are hiding their frustration behind closed doors. My sweet youngest daughter was commissioned by an uncle to knit him a vest and I thought she was going to throw it out the window from frustration! That said, I have had a pattern or two that I almost gave up on. Do you think crochet patterns are worse than knitting patterns for being unclear or just plain wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetSuzieQ View Post
    Spoula, maybe those knitters are hiding their frustration behind closed doors. My sweet youngest daughter was commissioned by an uncle to knit him a vest and I thought she was going to throw it out the window from frustration! That said, I have had a pattern or two that I almost gave up on. Do you think crochet patterns are worse than knitting patterns for being unclear or just plain wrong?

Hi crochetSuzieQ,
    I think any time you make something for someone else you want it to be perfect that is where the frustration comes in. I have had both knit and crochet patterns where there were mistakes in them. Also some of the patterns are written without being tested by someone other than the author. I have had an "easy" for beginners pattern that was clearly not written for a beginner now that is frustration.

Spoula