Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Things I made two stitches in same stitch

I posted this picture of a yellow baby dress I made for my granddaughter. The bottom of this dress was made with (1hdc,1sc) in the same stitch then skip a stitch.

I replied to a post earlier and wanted to show this picture so that Shana could see what the stitch would look like that she is doing. The difference is she is doing 1sc,1dc my stitches were 1hdc,1sc but she can see what the combination would look like.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Things I made two stitches in same stitch-yellow-baby-dress-jpg 

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cute! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice crocheting Spoula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    You are welcome. I didn't look at the picture after I posted it. I am sorry you cannot really see the stitch clearly. It really is pretty.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie,
    I think my crochet items turn out better than my knit ones. I told you I would post the pictured of the sweater I was knitting. I finished it all but the sleeves. I looked at it after I had bound it off and I didn't like the way it looked. I thought I made a mistake in the stitches so I pulled it out and started over again. I have now gotten back to where I pulled out before and the same issue is there. I believe the pattern is wrong. I created an excel spreadsheet for every stitch for 100 rows. I know my stitches are correct or at least they match the instructions. What I think is wrong is the knitting stitches that run down the front of the sleeves. One sleeve is correct the other has the stitches in the back. The instructions are the same for both sleeves and I think that the design should be different for each sleeve. As the knitting stitches should slant left for one and right for the other. I am really tired of starting over so I am just going to leave it like it is. My husband said it looked good and didn't think it was that noticeable. I just think it is wrong and I am not satisfied. It was a free pattern and I saw where another lady mentioned that some free patterns are not tested so maybe that was the case with this one. I will post the picture and the pattern so you all can see what I am referring to. I know how to correct mistakes in crochet but not in knitting. I have only knitted 2 other items and now this one. I like a challenge.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty dress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    very pretty dress
    Thank you Audrey,

Spoula