Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    That is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Murnah,
    How did you make the eyes open and shut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is amazing! You did a fantastic job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Murnah,
    Also, how did you make the legs? the feet?

Post Thanks / Like

How To?

I'm crocheting an iguana for my husband. I don't have a pattern. So far I used the baby cocoon pattern for the head and body. I increased to 35 stitches instead of 54 and continued working even and then decreased on both sides (instead of increasing where the pattern says to, I decreased) to taper off for the tail. That's as far as I got. I don't know how I'm going to do the rest of it.

I looked up on how to crochet an i cord and how to add an i cord on my work but i don't think that's going to work so I'll probably crochet around the tail (like I did before) and decrease when I think it needs decreasing. I'm using a 'I' hook instead of a 'K' hook like I did at first.

I don't know how I'm going to do the legs and feet or the rest of the iguana. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    For the flap or thing under the chin - not sure what it's called - I chained ( 17 or 19 maybe?) and then decreased every row and I didn't chain 1 like you normally would do at the start of the row for sc. At the end of one of the rows I did a slip stitch instead of taking the last stitch out so I could do a sc decrease.

I have an idea on how to do the thing on top of the back of the iguana. Maybe I can chain however long I think it should be and then sc in the 2nd ch from hook and across first row and ch 1 and sc another row and then cut yarn and pull through and the put fringes on it. Then I can attach it on the top of the back of the iguana.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my God, that is stunning. How old is your brother?
    Unique Crochet Patterns , www.crochetdreamz.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    After I chained about 17 and did a sc decrease across each row until there were 1 or 2 stitches left ( no ch 1 at the beginning of rows) and did a sl stitch when I only had one stitch for the sc decrease and ended off yarn; I decided to attach more yarn at one end and do a sc decrease for 3 more rows. this makes it like a hat for your finger and then I placed a marker ( a piece of a different color yarn) and did a sc decrease two times around going over my yarn ends as I stitched and after I was done with the two times going around I cut off the excess yarn and ended my work. Now I have one piece of yarn end left that I can use to attach to the iguana.

I used the 'I' hook for the head and body and to start tapering the tail.

I used the 'J' hook for the flap under the chin.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-15-2016 at 01:32 PM.