Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    just wondering what it says above Betty Boops picture on the afghan.
    it says "in loving memory of (my sister's name) and her birth date and date she passed away. " .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    it says "in loving memory of (my sister's name) and her birth date and date she passed away. " .
    I just saw the Afghans of Betty Boop. Those are beautiful. I know your nieces loved them.
    I thought I would let you know I am thinking of remarrying. I have been going with him know for 10 months and he is a wonderful person. I don't know if you read about me meeting him, but we met online, and he only lives about 15 miles from me and I get along with all his children. God Bless You

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I just saw the Afghans of Betty Boop. Those are beautiful. I know your nieces loved them.
    I thought I would let you know I am thinking of remarrying. I have been going with him know for 10 months and he is a wonderful person. I don't know if you read about me meeting him, but we met online, and he only lives about 15 miles from me and I get along with all his children. God Bless You
    God Bless you MeeKst, I wish you happiness and hope it will be better than my second one was. Mine was really a giant mistake. It started good but didn't stay good . just keep your eyes open ...but best of luck to you. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I am being careful, there is a lot of things I want to get straight before we do marry. So far we get along great and I get along great with his kids and they like me. But I don't want to get married real soon, still want to wait for a little while longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to let everyone that wanted a Betty Boop pattern, know that I did the whole afghan without a pattern. I made it up as I went along. Totally by trial and error. Let me say this tho...I crocheted the whole afghan with single crochet stitches first. Then I decided what pictures I wanted to use and searched the internet for pics of Betty Boop and there are plenty of them to choose from. The rest was embroidered letters. It isn't easy to get the spacing correct so that the afghan looks balanced... lines long enough or short enough spaced evenly , etc. Sorry I don't know what else to say...except good luck and please post your afghan if you tackle it. Just use your creative mind and you may surprise yourself!!! Love, Patty/redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a cute idea for all the girls. Glad they liked them. I never heard of that pattern. Great job. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ging36ging View Post
    That's a cute idea for all the girls. Glad they liked them. I never heard of that pattern. Great job. Sue

SUE did you not understand that there was no pattern....at least I had none. Anyway, thank you for the compliment. your friend, redhead,Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just curious... Has anybody else tried to make a Betty Boop afghan? I am sorry about the "no pattern" deal. I would be happy to share the pattern if only there was one. It took from November to April for me to get them crocheted to my satisfaction. Actually I finished the 4 pillows in my bedroom after the others went to bed while I was visiting my nieces. I wish my wrist was well enough for me to get back to crocheting, but I am able to work on plastic canvas while I am recooperating. Love to you all, Patty/redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried to do a Betty Boop on plastic canvas? Just wondering.
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    your nieces look very happy