Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

new finished project

Hi everyone, I'm stopping by to catch up on your latest posts and to post my new Butterfly Shawl. Everyone's apparently been busy with spring and Easter projects, and this pink & white silky satiny yarn is perfect for spring weather. It was a really enjoyable piece to make and the butterflies kind of remind me of dragonflies, but either way, it's really cool how they come together... to me it's beautiful like all crochet is! I never fail to be amazed at what a strand of yarn and a hook or needles can produce when manipulated by human hands - it's simply like magic!

My computer runs on windows version called Vista, and Windows no longer updates Vista now so I've lost my java script. If you understand that part of computers, you lose a LOT of capabilities without java script, so I'm barely able to use my pc right now without a ton of frustration and aggravation. I'm looking for a version of Windows 7 to put on my pc because the pc itself is an awesome one and is still perfectly good. If anyone is related to or knows an IT Tech who has a license to resell windows, please let me know and maybe Dale can contact them and work with them online to update my windows. He builds computers but you have to have a special license to resell windows.

I don't like version 8, and 10 is still too pricey. I'll just have to suffer thru like I am until we can get this situation fixed, which might be a while. If you contact me by fb or email please realize that it might be a while before I see the contact and get back to you because things are hard to find without java to place them where people think they automatically go by themselves! I can't use google+ at all, can't load or see the comments under youtube videos, fb is a total hassle, and my email is all jumbled together and I can't even place emails in folders like I need to to keep them organized. I have over 400 bookmarks for crochet and I pray I don't lose them. I have over 100 pics of completed crochet projects and have been putting them on a flash drive to keep them documented.

So, here are a couple of 'not so great' pics of my shawl, one close up and one showing almost the whole piece. Laptops don't take great pics of wide pieces like shawls, but you can get a good idea of how the butterflies look and the overall basics of the pattern. I can't crop them or improve the lighting of the pics or do anything to them at all due to my java script issue, so the way they were taken is the exact way I'm having to post them. I'll be checking back in soon to read more posts. This site doesn't seem to be affected too much by my problem, which I'm really happy about! The pics are posting differently but I think they'll post.

Now I'm working on a seed stitch scarf which will probably turn out to be a long wide buttoned neck wrap. The colors are a steel blue-ish dark gray with a coral tinted rose shade, a really lovely combo, and the stitch is another fun one to work with. Have a great rest of the week, March is passing awfully fast!
    Attached Images Attached Images new finished project-butterflyshawl1-jpg new finished project-butterflyshawl3-jpg 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-23-2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: info change

2. Thanks billiebob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a nice work! Tha Javascript is the part of browser. Use Firefox or Chrome.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    they are really pretty sousan soul shines

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    What a nice work! Tha Javascript is the part of browser. Use Firefox or Chrome.
    Java script runs most of all Windows functions no matter what browser you use. I already use Firefox, but my problem is my old windows version called Vista. Microsoft doesn't support it any more so I have to go up to at least version 7 now or nothing will work any better. But thx anyway! My husband builds computers and is my personal technician...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu12 View Post
    they are really pretty sousan soul shines
    Thx, this shawl was really fun to work on and worked up really quick. I might still add an edge to it if i find one I like. I've been searching and looking for a few days and so far don't see one I want to use, and I do like it with no extra trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice. pretty Susan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, Susan Soul Shines made a very nice shawl in pink and green that if you made it a little bigger it would make a wounderful cover for an elderly lady in a chair. Pretty fancy , too. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Janie, Susan Soul Shines made a very nice shawl in pink and green that if you made it a little bigger it would make a wounderful cover for an elderly lady in a chair. Pretty fancy , too. Margaret.
    Hi! Triangle shawls are a weakness of mine, I love making and wearing them - I'm truly a crocheting maniac, lol, trust me!! I made the Butterfly Shawl in pink and white, and it's actually bigger than it looks in the photo I posted... then just before that I made the Virus Scalloped Shawl in blue, green and white. 3 years ago I also made a V-Stitch Shawl designed by bobwislon123 that was the 1st shawl I made, and I adore it. The Lion Brand Yarn's South Bay Shawlette is an awesome triangle shawl too! I think I've got about 6 of them. You can make any of them as small or as large as you wish by just stopping at the point you want to.

I've heard that a rectangular shaped shawl would possibly be better for a wheelchair or bedridden person since the point of the triangles are known to sort of get in the way, like you can sit on them and not be able to get them pulled back up around your shoulders if it slips down. There are tons of pattern for beautiful rect. style shawls, in fact there are so many you'll have a hard time picking one! I have a low cost paid pattern of one myself on both Ravelry & Craftsy but you might prefer a free one and I totally understand that. But FYI my Ravelry page is: Ravelry: Store: Soulshine Creations By Susan Designs

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work!