Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This is my first post here. How did you keep the smaller amounts of yarn from coming out and did you back the blanket with fabric to hide the short stitches? I'm not positive I'm explaining myself in an understanding way but I'm hoping you know what I'm talking about. Thanks so much for posting all the info - I've wanted to do a blanket like this for a long time but have been a bit afraid, not knowing everything about the technique. Thank you, Beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    I wove the ends in. There were a lot of them. I guess you could back it but I didn't. I'm not fond of that look though I have seen it done. I found tying a loose knot to keep holes from appearing worked the best. Then I wove in the ends. At first I thought I lost my mind trying something like this but I love they way it turned out. The key is not having a lot of colors. Good luck!

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if this will help but it helped me. Vejledning Til Et Skarpt Farveskift Når Du Hækler | Lutter Idyl

Susan2014 just right click mouse & click Transfer/English

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry this was wrong person!
    Last edited by west820; 03-23-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: wrote to wrong person

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what I'm doing!
    Last edited by west820; 03-23-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: trying to reply to Grammye's post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you SO much! My 6 yr old grandson has been in love with ANYTHING lobster since he was 2 (I have no idea where they found lobster jammies!) and has at least 30 plush ones of different sizes - I'm going to make him a blanket with a huge lobster on it - using only 2 colors red and either a sea blue or sea variegated blue. It's about 100 x 150. I'm going to use the same hook you did. Starting it tonight - wish me luck! With your wonderful help I think I'll be ok and it will look good. Thank you! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    He'll love it! What a special memory he'll have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know. Warms my heart

Post Thanks / Like

Toddler purse for my Grand daughter

I havent crochet in years. The last time was probably 20 years ago. Its amazing how much I remember and how very much crochet stitches I have forgotton. Emmas purse is coming along very well. Im using a combination of five different colors/hdc and its about half done. Will decorate outside with fowers/leaves and lady bugs! Will post when finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see it when it's finished!