Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  50
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to take a chance and recommend the Sunrise Sunset Afghan. This was my first afghan pattern and my first challenge, and it's still one of my favorites. Pros, it's incredibly cool and reasonably simple. Cons, it's a lot of sewing in loose ends. Bonus, this pattern done to the first outer round circle makes really nice coasters. Anyway, here's the link:

Sunrise Sunset Crochet Afghan LW1527 | Purple Kitty

2. Likes tamtam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great pattern Megcsti. Purple Kitty is a great place for patterns. That is where I get a lot of mine.

4. Likes Megcsti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're doing a wonderful job. You should be proud of yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing a great job. Keep going like you are hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Two things I want to add:

1. Depression (you have), chronic pain from disease (I have), many other disabilities that people have (a lot of us on this site!!), crochet is therapeutic for all of those things. Those of us who crochet, or knit, know it, and so does science now. Even kids with autism and add benefit from it. It's a focus on something good & creative, it keeps me from dwelling on my misery and it does that for millions of people, so keep doing something every day if you can, frog it out and re-do if it's not to your liking, it's no big deal. And don't even worry about mistakes, that's how we learn!

2. From day one I practiced new stitches making bath/kitchen towels, even odd sized cloths depending on the amount of yarn you have, use them for such as wiping hands in the kitchen instead of using paper towels when you cook or whatever... I still do it and have one heck of a fantastic collection of cloths I use daily and love them dearly! I never 'waste' stitches making nothing, lol, I make something with every new stitch! Even headbands can be goof for that. Needing kitchen and bath cloths of various sizes is actually what made me decide to learn to crochet, and it has saved my sanity.

When I had my crochet blog site I opened up about my disabilities and people came forward in the open and in private to tell me how crochet helps with their problems of all kinds, physical and mental!

Post Thanks / Like
    don't be so critical of your work - it is really very nice - the more you crochet, the better we become. But you should be very proud of your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jankula View Post
    These are wonderful. I love them all. I can crochet. But knitting is my passion. Don't sell yourself short your work is outstanding in my opinion. Thanks for sharing it.
    I crochet but would love to knit too, and I wonder if I would enjoy it as much because I cannot imagine double my pleasure! Knitting seems to be so peaceful and relaxing, just a big difference in the 2 from what I see myself. I crochet a lot and it's a great therapy for my pain, I don't think I have time for learning a new craft when there is still other aspects to crochet I haven't ventured into. I've actually watched knitting videos to enjoy listening to them while crocheting, just to hear a gentle voice going thru the instructions! One girl was an easy to understand British girl and I loved hearing about her life while she worked and talked too. I know a couple of big time popular crochet instructor/designers who also knit and they go back & forth like it's nothing.

I can't help but wonder if I'd take so easily to learn knitting and I did crochet, but I also wonder if I could afford and learn all the types of needles, with the circular and detachable and all of that! I'd probably have to go simple, I actually did both crochet & knit basic stitches very easily in high school but didn't pick up on either until crochet many years later. I used to love cross stitch tho and I believe I've done every hand craft there is throughout my life since the 70's . It gets my creative juices flowing and endorphins racing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria68 View Post
    Now, I'm not advanced by any means and having looked though your pictures here compared to those of my little creations they suddenly seem so....ummm....insignificant! But.....nonetheless, I'm very proud of them and hope to advance further in crochet and hopefully one day get to the skill level you guys are at.

Attachment 14358 Attachment 14359 Attachment 14360 Attachment 14361Attachment 14362Attachment 14363Attachment 14364Attachment 14365Attachment 14366Attachment 14367Attachment 14368Attachment 14369Attachment 14370

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Like everyone has told you, I too think your work is superb, I hope you see it in your work that it's amazing. I posted previously on here but I just wanted to see if you know that Maggie Wheldon has beautiful crochet patterns for kids clothing that you would love if you don't already use them or have your own too... I always love to find someone's patterns that are good for me, since everyone is different! I write my own patterns a good bit but we all exchange ideas and encourage & support our crochet peers, which is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rio67, I wish my work looked that good . I have tried making sweaters for babies and never liked them enough to give them to anyone. I have stayed with blankets. Thank you for taking the pictures of them. Margaret