Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cowls for christmas - whew!

Here are the cowls I've been creating for the past couple of weeks. I am constantly finding new patterns and tutorials and can't stop LOL.Cowls for christmas - whew!-braided-cowl-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-gift-dana-10-31-15-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-hypnotic-heart-cowl-2-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-lucious-skein2-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-favorite-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-pretty-shell-stitch-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-collage-colors-1-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-cassie-2-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-blue-vari-1-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-sadie-2-jpg

Good thing I have lots of females in my family LOL. 13 down, 9 to go...... and what am I going to do for the men and boys???? OMG! There's at least a dozen of them.Yipes!
    Attached Images Attached Images Cowls for christmas - whew!-turq-brown-1-jpg Cowls for christmas - whew!-black-white-simple-1-jpg Cowls for christmas - whew!-grey-black-simple-1-jpg 

2. Likes little drummer, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow have you been busy! Beautiful selection! No two the same! Lucky gift recipients!

Hugs,
    Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have your energy and work on my Christmas crochet gifts. Very nicely done!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    ]I don't know about energy, I think it falls more into the category of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder LOL. One thing I know for sure, the girls will have to fight over them. I don't have time to figure out who's getting which one. I've got 3 more done since I posted these pictures. Cowls for christmas - whew!-black-sparkle-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-brighter-pink-1-jpgCowls for christmas - whew!-olive-green-1-jpg

And in between those, my cousin decided what she wants/needs for Christmas is dark red hot pads. That was easy.
    [ATTACH]14046[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images Cowls for christmas - whew!-hot-pads-claire-2015-jpg 

6. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Yes, it's true, no two the same. I'm sure I should be making more solid colors, but I get bored with one color and always end up adding at least one more, or using varigated yarn. There are so many beautiful varigated combinations out now, I can't resist them.

8. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go! I'm making doll clothes. Just getting started.

Judy.

Post Thanks / Like
    they are all very pretty

11. Thanks Victori1724 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how lucky your family will be this Christmas! How about manly looking scarfs for the men? Which one did you enjoy making the most? I would love to make a cowl for some younger girls in my family, the oldest being 16 years old.
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 11-29-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I haven't made any for the men yet, simply because I'm not sure if the men in my family would use them. Maybe?? As for the younger girls, I made a smaller one for my Great Great Niece Sophia who is 5, .Cowls for christmas - whew!-sadie-2-jpg and some of the others will work for the older girls who are 10-16. But mostly, I'm going to let them all choose which ones they like best. I found a lot of the patterns from 11 Crochet Cowls Patterns + 6 Video Tutorials - The Crochet Crowd and others at 40+ Free Cowl & Neck Warmer Patterns: {Knitting} : TipNut.com or pinterest. I found so many, I had (and am still having) a time deciding which one's I like best. Another good site is FiberFlux. Lots of good videos. I'm working on one now called The French Vanilla Button Cowl. Simple, but elegant. I think this one is my favorite, at least the colors. And it was really simple.Cowls for christmas - whew!-favorite-jpg
    Well, now you've got me feeling guilty about the men, hmmmm better browse more patterns. LOL
    Happy Holidays, Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Victori1724, You've been busy! They will make nice Christmas gifts.