Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: My baby doll

Post Thanks / Like

My baby doll

this is my new baby. I ran out of yarn before I could finish her so she's on the back burner for now. The hair is done with sewing thread and fringed 2 strands at a time so it takes a while to do. Her body is weighted and she is anatomically correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images My baby doll-baby4-jpg My baby doll-baby3-jpg My baby doll-baby2-jpg My baby doll-baby1-jpg 

2. Likes heartblesser1962 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What an awesome job? Did you have a pattern or did you wing it? I can't wait to see her when she's all done. I love dolls and always made dolls for my daughters and nieces and nephews when I was young.

This is a great job. I know if she's a gift, somebody will be so excited. Or if she's just for you, think of all the cute stuff you can crochet for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, please make him some arms soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for your comments.

No Grizabella , No pattern. Most of what I make is just from my head. This one is not a gift but I'm thinking of making a bunch of stuff to sell at a bizarre next year. I may keep this one as a prototype, I haven't decided yet. I always fall in love with my projects that is until I start the next one LOL.

lhendrix35 , Yes she needs arms and the leg that's hiding in the pic's is only half there LOL. But As I bought the yarn at a second hand store I have to wait till I can match it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some updated pictures of my baby doll. I still haven't found the right color yarn to finish her so I gave her prosthetic arms for now so I could make her a holiday outfit.
    Attached Images Attached Images My baby doll-imag0228-jpg My baby doll-imag0243-jpg My baby doll-imag0244-jpg My baby doll-imag0245-jpg My baby doll-imag0246-jpg My baby doll-imag0247-jpg My baby doll-imag0248-jpg 

7. Likes heartblesser1962 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just phenomenal! I've been crocheting for 65 years but I can't even imagine how to start doing one of these. SOOO cute! What are you doing with her when she's finished? And what's her name? lol Thank you so much for continuing to share pictures of her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
    This is just phenomenal! I've been crocheting for 65 years but I can't even imagine how to start doing one of these. SOOO cute! What are you doing with her when she's finished? And what's her name? lol Thank you so much for continuing to share pictures of her.
    Thank you Grizabella, I appreciate the feedback.

The face was the hardest part to do, I had to tear it out and redo it a few times before I got the look I wanted. It still didn't come out the way I had pictured in my head but I'm happy with it none the less.

I haven't decided what I'm doing with her. For now she's just mine LOL

So far she doesn't have a name but I have been thinking about it. I come from a extremely large family so I have to find a name that hasn't been taken yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! Do her eyes open and close?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
    Oh my gosh! Do her eyes open and close?
    Yeah, her eyes open/close. Her body is weighted. her hands have pipe cleaners in then to make her fingers bend. Her head and limbs move (that wasn't easy to figure out LOL)

Oh, and she is anatomically correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That is an amazing project! How long did it take to get it done to this point?