Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Betty Boop

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop

I started this afghan for my sister who is a big Betty Boop fan , three years ago. It is quite easy to do but very time consuming. I crocheted the afghan ,using half double crochet stitch , up so far and than started cross stitching the pattern on to it , and than crocheted some more afghan about twelve inches and cross stitched some more. Well life got in the way and on going health issues and several surgeries later, I finally finished her and delivered it to my sis. The look on her face gave me all the thanks I needed from her. She was actually in shock , I think. I have never been able to post a picture here, but I did finally post a picture on another site I belong so hope you can view it here. Maybe some one can help walk me through the steps to posting a picture, as I must be missing something and doing something wrong....Thanks for looking

My sister is on the left and yes she looks a bit like betty boop lol. , and I am on the right.

http://static.knittingparadise.com/u...850389-138.jpg

2. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Likes Carynjoyb, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is awesome and you're right your sister does kind of look like Betty Boop I always liked Betty Boop!,, great job !!!!

4. Thanks Davena thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wonderful!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Thanks Davena thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is a beautiful afghan. Great job.

Roe

8. Thanks Davena thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any crocheters in southeastern michigan

I WOULD LOVE TO MEET SOME OF YOU LADIES AND GENTS THAT LOVE CROCHETING. ANY ONE IN THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF MICHIGAN? IF SO PLEASE EMAIL ME I'D LOVE TO GET TOGETHER. I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO GRAPHGHANS. tHE AFGHANS WITH PICTIURES CROCHETED RIGHT INTO THE AFGHAN. LETS GET TOGETHER!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is fantastic, I know the love that had to go in every stitch. I bet she will cherish it forever, Yes she does look like Betty Boop.

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a wonderful job. I couldn't do it I would mess up the stitches. Totally awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for all your kind and very sweet replies. It is nice to hear such positive feed back from other talented crocheters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davena View Post
    I started this afghan for my sister who is a big Betty Boop fan , three years ago. It is quite easy to do but very time consuming. I crocheted the afghan ,using half double crochet stitch , up so far and than started cross stitching the pattern on to it , and than crocheted some more afghan about twelve inches and cross stitched some more. Well life got in the way and on going health issues and several surgeries later, I finally finished her and delivered it to my sis. The look on her face gave me all the thanks I needed from her. She was actually in shock , I think. I have never been able to post a picture here, but I did finally post a picture on another site I belong so hope you can view it here. Maybe some one can help walk me through the steps to posting a picture, as I must be missing something and doing something wrong....Thanks for looking

My sister is on the left and yes she looks a bit like betty boop lol. , and I am on the right.

http://static.knittingparadise.com/u...850389-138.jpg
    Wow! That is fantastic, I would love to make that for my niece. Her mom was my sister and my sister passed in 2002 but I would love to have a copy of your pattern if you would be willing to share it. My niece calls me her 2nd mom and we love one another so much. My sister's nickname was Betty Boop! Actually I have 4 nieces ( my sister's daughters) and I would make one for each one of the girls. Even the cross-stitch pattern would help. If you don't want to that will be OK. Let me know and I will PM you my mailing address or email address.

I am making a bedspread for my granddaughter and have 9 more blocks (of 30) to put the very Betty Boop-004-jpgBetty Boop-035-jpg This is part of what I have done. Every other row will have a green center and the others will have a pink center. last row on them and I will be ready to set them all together and it will be finished. Maybe I can post a picture of the blocks I have done so far.http://crochettalk.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1447860562
    Last edited by redhead; 11-18-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop!

Quote Originally Posted by Davena View Post
    Thank you so much for all your kind and very sweet replies. It is nice to hear such positive feed back from other talented crocheters.
    Hi Davena, I have tried to post a message 3 times to you and lost every one of them ! I think your afghan is fantastic! I would love to make one for each of my 4 nieces......Betty Boop-006-jpg Their mom was my sister ( passed in 2002 of cancer) and her name was Betty and her nickname was Betty Boop. I am very close to them and would love to have a copy of the pattern. Even the cross stitch part would be a big help. I can PM you my mailing address and email address and probably my phone number but if you don't want to share I will understand.

I am trying to finish a bedspread for my granddaughter and I will post some pictures of what it will be made of. I just finished a full size one and 2 twin size ones for my grandsons. Hers is a twin size. every other block will have a pink center and the others will be a green center. I only have 9 blocks (of 30) that need just the last row around (The pink one)and it will be ready to set together and it will be finished! I crocheted the boy's with yarn called Camouflage. The partial pic is like the boy's bedspreads. Her's is done with Pink Camouflage Yarn and they all love the TV program called Duck Diynesty.

I will have to hurry...I am 84 and holding! BC I don't know how much time I have left. Ha Ha! I still drive my own car , take care of myself and live in my own home I am really blessed and count every day an added blessing!

Your new friend, redhead/PattyBetty Boop-035-jpgBetty Boop-004-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Betty Boop-006-jpg 
    Last edited by redhead; 11-19-2015 at 03:07 AM.