Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Betty Boop

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop!

Quote Originally Posted by Davena View Post
    Thank you so much for all your kind and very sweet replies. It is nice to hear such positive feed back from other talented crocheters.
    Hi Davena, I have tried to post a message 3 times to you and lost every one of them ! I think your afghan is fantastic! I would love to make one for each of my 4 nieces......Attachment 14091 Their mom was my sister ( passed in 2002 of cancer) and her name was Betty and her nickname was Betty Boop. I am very close to them and would love to have a copy of the pattern. Even the cross stitch part would be a big help. I can PM you my mailing address and email address and probably my phone number but if you don't want to share I will understand.

I am trying to finish a bedspread for my granddaughter and I will post some pictures of what it will be made of. I just finished a full size one and 2 twin size ones for my grandsons. Hers is a twin size. every other block will have a pink center and the others will be a green center. I only have 9 blocks (of 30) that need just the last row around (The pink one)and it will be ready to set together and it will be finished! I crocheted the boy's with yarn called Camouflage. Her's is done with Pink Camouflage Yarn and they all love the TV program called Duck Diynesty.

I will have to hurry...I am 84 and holding! BC I don't know how much time I have left. Ha Ha! I still drive my own car , take care of myself and live in my own home I am really blessed and count every day a blessing! Your new friend, redhead/PattyAttachment 14088Attachment 14090The partial picture is what the block looks like for the grandsons' bedspread.
    Last edited by redhead; 11-19-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop!

Thank you so much for all your kind and very sweet replies. It is nice to hear such positive feed back from other talented crocheters.
    Hi Davena, I have tried to post a message 3 times to you and lost every one of them ! I think your afghan is fantastic! I would love to make one for my nieces. Their mom was my sister ( passed in 2002 of cancer) and her nickname was Betty Boop. I am very close to them and would love to have a copy of the pattern. Even the cross stitch part would be a big help. I can PM you my mailing address and email address and probably my phone number but if you don't want to share I will understand.

I am trying to finish a bedspread for my granddaughter and I will post some pictures of what it will be made of. I just finished a full size one and 2 twin size ones for my grandsons. Hers is a twin size. every other block will have a pink center and the others will be a green center. I only have 9 blocks (of 30) that need just the last row around (The pink one)and it will be ready to set together and it will be finished! I crocheted the boy's with yarn called Camouflage. Her's is done with Pink Camouflage Yarn and they all love the TV program called Duck Diynesty.

I will have to hurry...I am 84 and holding! BC I don't know how much time I have left. Ha Ha! I still drive my own car , take care of myself and live in my own home I am really blessed and count every day a blessing! Your new friend, redhead/PattyAttachment 14088Attachment 14090
    Last edited by redhead; 11-19-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Davena, I have really goofed up my post....I tried to post a reply and each time it didn't post correctly and I thought I lost it at least 3 times. Now I see it posted more times than I wanted it to. I hope between all that I hope you all can make sense of my post. The main thing is I wanted you to know my sister's real name is Betty and her nickname is Betty Boop. She passed away in 2002 with cancer. I would like to make 4 afghans for my 4 nieces (her daughters) if you want to share the pattern. Thank you and sorry for the mess I created on here, redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Davena, I have tried to post a message 3 times to you and lost every one of them ! I think your afghan is fantastic! I would love to make one for my nieces. Their mom was my sister ( passed in 2002 of cancer) and her nickname was Betty Boop. I am very close to them and would love to have a copy of the pattern. Even the cross stitch part would be a big help. I can PM you my mailing address and email address and probably my phone number but if you don't want to share I will understand.

I have sent you a private message . Please let me know if you got it. Your afghan for your GD. is coming along nicely and is going to be beautiful when you get it finished.. Hugs. Davena

I will have to hurry...I am 84 and holding! BC I don't know how much time I have left. Ha Ha! I still drive my own car , take care of myself and live in my own home I am really blessed and count every day a blessing! Your new friend, redhead/PattyAttachment 14088Attachment 14090

I have sent you a private message. Hugs Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    I started this afghan for my sister who is a big Betty Boop fan , three years ago. It is quite easy to do but very time consuming. I crocheted the afghan ,using half double crochet stitch , up so far and than started cross stitching the pattern on to it , and than crocheted some more afghan about twelve inches and cross stitched some more. Well life got in the way and on going health issues and several surgeries later, I finally finished her and delivered it to my sis. The look on her face gave me all the thanks I needed from her. She was actually in shock , I think. I have never been able to post a picture here, but I did finally post a picture on another site I belong so hope you can view it here. Maybe some one can help walk me through the steps to posting a picture, as I must be missing something and doing something wrong....Thanks for looking

My sister is on the left and yes she looks a bit like betty boop lol. , and I am on the right.

http://static.knittingparadise.com/u...850389-138.jpg
    Davena, That is really nice! I went to Galloway's photo shop and they enlarged it for me. It is the exact same BP picture that I am going to try to crosstitch on the afghan I am working on right now. I am doing all SC's started with 200 chain stitches That will be the width of the afghan. Then I think all I have to do is make it enough rows long to give me enough space to do cross-stitches for the picture. Then I intend to cross-stitch some letters on it also.. Wish me luck!!! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a cute afghan, I'm SURE SHE REALLY LOVES IT

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop question

Davena, did you CROCHET her into your afghan or did you CROCHET her onto a finished panel of the afghan? I have a pretty big SC'd afghan section (need to get more of the background yarn before I can proceed) but I don't think I can cross stitch regular cross stitchs on it. I will probably just embroider the design on. The little holes are not in exact squares so the X,s wont be like cross stitches. I think it is kinda fun trying to figure it all out with out a pattern!! Love ya, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Davena, did you CROCHET her into your afghan or did you CROCHET her onto a finished panel of the afghan? I have a pretty big SC'd afghan section (need to get more of the background yarn before I can proceed) but I don't think I can cross stitch regular cross stitchs on it. I will probably just embroider the design on. The little holes are not in exact squares so the X,s wont be like cross stitches. I think it is kinda fun trying to figure it all out with out a pattern!! Love ya, Patty
    Hi Patty Glad to hear you are able to get this project started. I cross stitched Betty Boop on to my afghan in sections. I single crocheted up so far , till I had enough that I could start the pattern, and than would single crochet some more about twenty rows and than cross stitch some more. I found this gave me a break from the single crocheting. The squares do look a little funny, but I found out that it still looked o, k. as you can see in the picture. I also weaved in my ends and there are lots of them before I would start going again, so I did not have to do them all at the end. Maybe make yourself a 6x6 square and and try cross stitiching a heart or something simple to see how your cross stitching looks. Have fun and have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS Patty. Love ya back .... Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty Glad to hear you are able to get this project started. I cross stitched Betty Boop on to my afghan in sections. I single crocheted up so far , till I had enough that I could start the pattern, and than would single crochet some more about twenty rows and than cross stitch some more. I found this gave me a break from the single crocheting. The squares do look a little funny, but I found out that it still looked o, k. as you can see in the picture. I also weaved in my ends and there are lots of them before I would start going again, so I did not have to do them all at the end. Maybe make yourself a 6x6 square and and try cross stitiching a heart or something simple to see how your cross stitching looks. Have fun and have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS Patty. Love ya back .... Davena
    Hi Davena, (I just started a reply and lost it!) I am glad to know you cross stitched and didn't actually crochet BB into the afghan. I think I have enough SC's now to start the cross stitches, tho I haven't made up my mind completely to cross stitch her on here. I'm thinking about doing just plain and simple embroidery, with yarn and not embroidery thread tho. I will try both maybe and see which I like the best. I'm thinking doing black outlines for each section and then fill in with embroidery. At least maybe I can see how big she will be. I also intend to write a message on the afghan. I know my sister loved the Serenity Prayer. May try it if not too much for me. Good to hear from you! Love, your friend, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 12-13-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, I think it is a great idea to do a practise run on both techniques that you have in mind to see how they look. I do think it would be best to make a small square to practice on rather than the afghan as I found it hard to take out any mistakes I made . But it is up to you. Also remember that this is not a quick afghan and one that might take you some time . I love the idea of you righting a message on yours. I hope you can send me a picture of your progress and what your two different ideas look like. Or even pm me. Love that you are keeping in touch on how things are going... I am having my xmas this Saturday so when it is over I can get back to finishing my Elvis silhouette one. I have only got about four rows of the black part of Elvis's shoulder started. It is for a Dear friends birthday in June. Have fun ... and have a Wonderful time over the holiday season with family and friends... Love Davena