3. Likes fabiana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The headbands are beautiful...

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcampbell9@hotmail.com View Post
    Made these headbands with tapestry yarn
    Hi bcampbell, These are so pretty, so colorful with great combinations! I wasn't sure exactly what you mean, but I'm curious since the prices are good but I couldn't tell the weight or skein size. Do you mean lightweight yarn? And what size are the skeins or balls it comes on? Is it affordable for the sizes you get? I searched the weight and average price but they don't make it easy to understand if you wanted to order it, do they?! That would help us all, at least me, lol, to know if we can use it on some of our projects I've not hear the term used before tho. I love it and have done years of cross stitch, all kinds of embroidery and needle point with every type of stitch there is just about. That's why this interest me so, I truly am a serious hand crafter of many kinds, crochet was bound to find it's way into my life eventually!
    I still have a lot of my work and am going to picture document them with my new camera, some are on display in my home but some older pieces are in my big hope chest to retrieve them. One thing makes me sick to this day - during one move a whole big box of my delicate handmade pillows with French Knot patterns I designed and did all by hand came up missing. We cannot figure how that happened, but I'd sure love to still have them. Thx!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-21-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a shame loosing something like that when it is so valuable. I sure wish you could find your things

Post Thanks / Like
    It is quite light weight and the skeins are used for needle point, so they are really small. I can make only one stripe on the headband with the skein. I was given a whole bunch of them and decided to try to make the headbands with them. I'm happy with the results. Have many more skeins left but I'll see how these sell first before I make more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi bcampbell, These are so pretty, so colorful with great combinations! I wasn't sure exactly what you mean, but I'm curious since the prices are good but I couldn't tell the weight or skein size. Do you mean lightweight yarn? And what size are the skeins or balls it comes on? Is it affordable for the sizes you get? I searched the weight and average price but they don't make it easy to understand if you wanted to order it, do they?! That would help us all, at least me, lol, to know if we can use it on some of our projects I've not hear the term used before tho. I love it and have done years of cross stitch, all kinds of embroidery and needle point with every type of stitch there is just about. That's why this interest me so, I truly am a serious hand crafter of many kinds, crochet was bound to find it's way into my life eventually!
    I still have a lot of my work and am going to picture document them with my new camera, some are on display in my home but some older pieces are in my big hope chest to retrieve them. One thing makes me sick to this day - during one move a whole big box of my delicate handmade pillows with French Knot patterns I designed and did all by hand came up missing. We cannot figure how that happened, but I'd sure love to still have them. Thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    That is a shame loosing something like that when it is so valuable. I sure wish you could find your things
    It makes me sad, and also angry. I hate moving, and every move we've made my health has gotten so much worse. It's been so long, I'll never find them now, they're long gone...

when I went thru the disability process in 1997, a 2 yr emotionally and financially draining battle even tho I had long term and short term disability insurance AND TWO doctors paperwork backing me up, during that time I wasn't able legally to work to prove I couldn't, and I truly couldn't, so on one income and 4 teenagers we just couldn't keep our new home of 7 years, it was one of the worst things we've ever gone thru in our life, losing that beloved home. I did win my disability case and all that battle was for nothing!!!!

Other than trying to not let me use my long term disability ins, and dragging it out and making us fear they were gonna jerk it right out from under us, we should have pushed it and made them physically remove us, then we could have stayed in it longer and maybe reached an agreement, you 'd think they'd rather work with us than have us lose it when I could have caught it up when I won my back pay but we didn't know.

We probably could have kept out home it would be paid off by now, instead we live in poverty and pay over 1/2 of our income to rent, and as we continue to age, we'll always have to come up with rent or have no home. And rent never goes down, but our incomes rarely go up. the disability system is a train wreck, plain & simple!!!

No one should have that happen, but we've had to rent ever since because they ruined our credit and kept turning it back in to the credit bureau thru the years even when they sold the account. Had they stopped putting it on our credit report illegally after so many times as a new account, we could have gotten our credit to the point that we could have bought another home before they got so over-priced. It's too late for us now, but that was in 1998 and things are done differently now.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-22-2015 at 03:49 PM.