Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Your pictures are so fun to look at! I still cannot figure out how to post pictures! I click on the icon and then find my picture on my computer and choose it, after that I'm lost!
    Donna, once you select your picture you have to click 'open' then 'upload' to upload your pictures. Once they're uploaded, click 'Done' then that takes you back to the 'go advanced' screen. Click on the arrow by the paper clip and you'll see the pictures - Click on the pictures or 'insert all' and your pictures will be attached. You can preview the message if you like.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    You do beautiful work, Patty. I especially love the pink camo squares done in the block stitch. It's going to be a really pretty bedspread for her.

The red and white looks so nice, but it really looks complicated, too. I'm not sure I could figure that one out.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    Hey, I am still trying to figure it all out! It is pretty hard but I think I finally got the main part in my head now but the joining as you go part is still not there yet. I will keep trying so I can teach my "lefty" niece how to do it. I am supposed to go and spend some time with her soon so we can do it together after I figure most of it out. Love ya, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    I am also working on the peppermint candy afghan
    Oh good MsBhaven, Are you finding it hard to figure out? I think I have it thru row 25 ( where you join the last row to the beginning and close the gap). But the last part of that is a little fuzzy...I think I have figured out that there s/b 3 ch3 loops across each red stripe and 3 across each white stripe. That will make 36 ch3 loops. BUT..I read it again, just before it says Trim, I ended up slip stitching across every stripe and THEN did the ch3 loops and I think I should not have done the slip stitches there at all.
    Was that just referring to where I was joining the motif's 1st row and Last row together? That may have meant when I joined the 1st and last stripes together to complete the motif (block). I think I need to go back and take out the slip stitches all around the circle, AFTER I had joined the 2 rows.
    I have a picture of the afghan and have tried and tried to look at it to see if there is slip stitches between the main part and the ch3 loops but it is not clear enough to see.
    The part I am having trouble with now is the "join as you go" part. I will keep working on it!
    After I made the first block, I decided that I need to mark the ring I made in the ch 14, so I can find it each time it says to sc in the ring. I had made a sc in the wrong place a few times and decided it would be better to use a different color yarn and just used a yarn needle and ran it thru the ring and it was easy to find it to pull out later. I guess we learn as we go don't we? I hope you are able to do yours and I do think it s so pretty. We need to get together and crochet don't we!!! but I guess that "ain't" gonna happen! Good luck on yours and can't wait to see our pictures when we complete them. Love ya, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 10-13-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty
    the sl st is only to join the motif I also have 3 ch 3 loops in each strip Here is a pic of my motif and then the picture of the afghan from the book
    Here's some pictures of what I am working on right now-002-jpgHere's some pictures of what I am working on right now-001-jpg
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty, I love your pretty projects. I can't wait to see the finished projects! Please try to post some pictures of them. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    We need to get together and crochet don't we!!! but I guess that "ain't" gonna happen! Good luck on yours and can't wait to see our pictures when we complete them. Love ya, Patty
    maybe we can patty don't count it out not like we live that far apart
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 10-13-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    maybe we can patty don't count it out not like we live that far apart
    Wow! I didn't realize we do live that close together don't we. I have been to, or maybe thru, Owensboro, KY, but not for a long, long time. I probably would never drive that far again by myself, not at my age. Let's give it some thought. It would be fun wouldn't it? I don't know your age, but do you travel much or very far alone? XO XO XO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Your pictures are so fun to look at! I still cannot figure out how to post pictures! I click on the icon and then find my picture on my computer and choose it, after that I'm lost!
    Donna, I wil try to help you if I can. First let's go to the Picture Forum and I will join you there. I will start a new post and title it "Attention DonnaPBradshaw" I will try to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    every now and then my work takes me to princeston and vincennes

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is very pretty