Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I just posted this on Faceook

I had a walker that I couldn't carry anything from one room to another so here is what I did with the walker. I fell Friday and can't stand the weight on my left leg so I got the walker out and was using it but I had no way of carrying things from one place to another. Here is the pictures of what it looks like now.I just posted this on Faceook-001-jpgI just posted this on Faceook-002-jpgI just posted this on Faceook-003-jpgI just posted this on Faceook-004-jpgI just posted this on Faceook-005-jpg If you get to a place where you can't get around , don't just sit there like a bump on a log and twiddle your fingers...CROCHET AND MAKE SOMETHING! My motto now is " HAVE WALKER....WILL TRAVEL!" Check out my Facebook account under Patty Mundell ! BTW I can still fold the sides in when I am not using it.
    Last edited by redhead; 09-28-2015 at 06:09 AM.

2. Thanks Nova55, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Lissacc, conmaree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty, what a great idea I'm sure this makes life a little easier. Did you have a pattern for this or did you make one up? I would like to make a couple of these. I pray you are doing well today. Did you get hurt in the fall? Take care love you Winnie

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Patty, what a great idea I'm sure this makes life a little easier. Did you have a pattern for this or did you make one up? I would like to make a couple of these. I pray you are doing well today. Did you get hurt in the fall? Take care love you Winnie
    Hi Winnie, No I didn't really get hurt which surprises me too. I was cleaning out the shelves over the end counter. I opened the cabinet door and there was a lot of those little bugs that get into flour and stuff that hasn't been used up...been in the cabinet too long. Have you ever found that happened to you ? Anyway I couldn't reach the top shelf but I had emptied the other 2 lower shelves and threw away the opened flour sacks, etc. Then I stood on a stool to empty the top shelf and had wiped it clean and the stool started feeling funny. I thought I was getting dizzy but it was the stool legs spreading farther and farther apart. Then two of them just popped off and down I went kinda sideways and I must have twisted so that I went backward and my head just missed hitting the corner of the tabletop. It really jarred my whole body and I finally got up and didn't seemed hurt. Later I couldn't stand my weight on the left leg. I could feel it in that ankle too. So I got the walker out and started using it. God must have been with me or I could have landed on the sharp end of one of the broken off legs or banged my head on the floor (I didn't hit my head) It didn't knock the wind out of me either. I must have landed on my feet first and then kept on falling down till I was flat on my back. My rib cage is kinda sore too. No broken bones and don't see any bruised places...just pretty shaken up.

AS for the design of the walker bag.. I don't have a pattern but it is so easy to make. The front and back is 2 of the squares I made for the bedspreads. Do you know how to make the box stitch? I started a square using an I hook.I used camoflague Red Heart yarn. I crocheted 6 rows of camoflague. Then I added 1 row of brown and another row of green. Then another row of brown. To this point your square will have 6 rows of camoflague and 3 more rows of contrasting color and should measure about 14 1/2 inches square. I added one more row of the box stitch all around. For the bottom and sides I chained about 14 or 15 chains and then half double crocheted (HDC) across the chain strip back and forth until it would be long enough to go down a side,across the bottom and up the other side. (You could make several 5 or 6 inch squares and sew them together and use that instead of one long piece for the sides and bottom) Then I HDC'd around the whole top.

To fasten the bag onto the walker frame I used several plastic zip-lock ties. If you do it right you can still collapse the walker for storage. It doesn't collapse totally flat but enough that it could be stored when not in use.

Do you have my phone Number? If not, let me know and I will PM you my phone number. I am going to try to send a picture of part of what the squares look like before I attached the sides and bottom.

Sorry it will have to be pictures in another post. Watch for it.
    Last edited by redhead; 09-29-2015 at 07:06 AM.

6. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention Winnie: partial pic of the box stitch walker bag

I will try to post a picture of the box stitch. I just posted this on Faceook-007-jpg

OK it worked. In this picture you can only see about 1/4 of the square. The square is 6 rows of camoflague, then 3 rows of solid colors (The last 3 rows are the brown , then green and again the brown ) .. So you can see the beginning square (where the block was started) Count 9 rows from the right side of the square back to the left, and then 9 rows from the bottom... that will be the center of the square. I hope I am not confusing you. Let me give you my phone number in a PM and I know you can do this. I can lead you thru it and I do have written instructions to crochet the box stitch that I can send to you. I really like my walker bag and a shoe box or rectangular plastic storage box will fit right in the bottom and make it sturdier too. I am glad you like it. Love ya, Patty

8. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Your walker bag looks nice. I'm glad you didn't hit your head. Hope your leg is doing better.

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    I saw 3 pictures of you on facebook.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty....what a way to turn a frown into a smile....u are very talented. I am glad that you didn't break anything...xoxo

14. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Did you figure out why the stool legs came off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Patty,
    Did you figure out why the stool legs came off?
    Yes I did ... because it was a cheap stool ...all plastic and the legs didn't just come off, they broke off. As I stood on it, moving around a little to reach the top shelf, the legs started sliding farther and farther apart on my tile kitchen floor and I was too heavy to be standing on it in the first place. Then they slid too far apart and then just snapped off. I had bought it at the Family Dollar store to replace one that I threw away. The one I pitched was much heavier but was beginning to show wear and tear on it. I paid more for the one I threw away. I did go and have x-rays of my leg yesterday but they haven't called me with the results yet. I know that I didn't break any bones but I am really sore, even thru my rib cage. I really took a jolt to my whole body when I hit the floor. I still can't totally stand the weight on my left leg. I am hobbling around a lot.

Hey did you send me a friend request on Facebook? I think that's you.. The picture is so small I can't tell who it is for sure. It showed up on my phone but I can't find it on the computer. If it is you send it to me again and I will accept it. I don't like those that come onto my phone because most of the time I can't even open them. Thanks for your concern about my fall. xoxoxo, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a great idea