Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face From Ada - My first afghan

From Ada - My first afghan-dsc00011-jpg
    There is a little story behind this afghan... Thirty years ago, when I arrived to the USA, my English was limited to 'O.K.' and 'Yes". My neighbor, a Polish lady, gave me magazine with craft pictures, and I spotted the picture with this afghan pattern but no instructions. For the next two months I've been saving money to buy yarn, and finally, counting stitches from the picture, I was able to accomplish my project. I'm still emotionally attached to this afghan...

2. Thanks Nova55, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes mamainastitch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a fun afghan! I loved reading your story behind it! What country did you come from? I would love to read your life story!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dear! I'm from Poland and my life story is pretty long so I going to make it short. In 1983 I landed with my son in Chicago, and for few years I used to live in a Polish communities catching any jobs I could get. The first five years has been hard working two jobs to cover my son's education at St. John's Military academy, than paying for my education at college in Chicago. Life became better - I could get better jobs and language helped me to be accepted and understood in American communities. Before I moved to Texas, I'd worked in California for few years, and now I'm retired. Finally I have time for crafts and gardening what I love so much! Hugs! Ada.

5. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaBusyBee View Post
    Thank you Dear! I'm from Poland and my life story is pretty long so I going to make it short. In 1983 I landed with my son in Chicago, and for few years I used to live in a Polish communities catching any jobs I could get. The first five years has been hard working two jobs to cover my son's education at St. John's Military academy, than paying for my education at college in Chicago. Life became better - I could get better jobs and language helped me to be accepted and understood in American communities. Before I moved to Texas, I'd worked in California for few years, and now I'm retired. Finally I have time for crafts and gardening what I love so much! Hugs! Ada.
    Poland? I would love to travel to Europe! Have you been back to Poland? do you have family back there? Did you live under communist rule? what a fascinating life you have had I'm sure. If you ever write your life story and decide to share some stories please let me read it! I'm a nut for family history if you haven't guessed!

Post Thanks / Like
    That Afghan is beautiful and to think you did it be counting stitches amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Audrey, it was a quite job for me to do this... Only being patient let me to finish this afghan but it was relaxing too...Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty afghan

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beauty! Well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband is Pollish, and we are going back to his home town of Tomaszow Mazowiecki this fall! I greatly respect the strength and strong will of Polish people with all of the struggles they have survived. My husband remembers there being no food in the stores when he was little. I'm so glad that you get to craft at this time in your life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bet you are attached to this beauty of an afghan. Learning English, counting stitches, moving to another country...WOW!
    ---HarriEtta