Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

crocheted bedspread

If I can get this job done... you will be able to see the beginning of my crocheted bedspread for my 7-yr-old granddaughter's twin bed. Hooray! I guess it worked.

crocheted bedspread-035-jpgcrocheted bedspread-036-jpg The top is one of the finished blocks and partly finished ones with pink centers and green centers. The bottom picture is the centers for the rest of the bed spread. I am crocheting 4 rows of the variegated yarn ("I Love This Yarn" in the color #638 Pink Camo) I have planned to rotate every other block having a pink center and then a green center. The blocks are aprox. 13 or 14" square. (45 squares) That seems to fit a twin bed pretty good depending how far you want it to hang over the edges. Red Heart also has a yarn called Pink Camo but the colors are not as bright compared to the one I am using. I am going to use lots of pink to put the whole bedspread together with a chain 3 border around the whole spread. Patty

UPDATE!

I took the last camo bedspread for the boys out to their house yesterday and tried it on the twin bed. It was 5 blocks wide and 7 long. I wanted to try it on the bed before I tucked in all the loose ends where the squares were crocheted together and finish with a chain 3 border around the whole spread. If you want to place a pillow under the top of the spread, it is just right. If you want it just to go to the top of the bed and lay a pillow on TOP of it, it is one row too long. I took one row off the top (making it 5 wide and 6 long) then it was just right. That leaves me with 5 unused squares. That's enough to make 4 square throw pillows and I have enough yarn to make the backs for each one of them. One of the beds is wider so 2 pillows will be for it and the other 2 boys will each get one pillow. Now I have finished the spreads for the boys Now I am rambling so I will leave you all to think about that. Love ya, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 09-14-2015 at 05:01 AM.

2. Likes Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks great
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן