Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: baby bib

Post Thanks / Like

baby bib

Wanted to post this bib before we give it away. It was my1st and fun to make, and I was glad to find a pattern for the D too! It looks crokked but it's not, I hate photos that make your work look wonky, lol!
    Grandson #10 here comes your gift, then a blanket for Christmas. Wow, if I'd known how to crochet when the others were born, I'd always be making baby stuff.... good for me I didn't, lol, I like my shawls, cowls, donations, etc. and baby stuff is fun, but for TEN???!
    It's amazing how much time you actually put into any piece, even a small project can be several hours! Not that I mind, ya gotta be crocheting something, right?! I just bet most ppl have little clue when we make them something that it took a while, and isn't 'just a bib', for example!

baby bib-bestbib-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-31-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the yarn you chose! Will you be sharing a pattern? My 3rd grandchild, 1st grandson will be 4 months old on Monday and I would like to make some bibs in time for introducing solid foods.
    Thanks
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlatlas View Post
    Love the yarn you chose! Will you be sharing a pattern? My 3rd grandchild, 1st grandson will be 4 months old on Monday and I would like to make some bibs in time for introducing solid foods.
    Thanks
    Karen
    Hi Karen, sure, and congratulations on the 1st grandson. This one is #TEN for us, we have 4 kids between us and my stepson loves kids waaay too much! He has 5, incl this new one, twin girls aged 5, and teen boys ages 17 and 18, plus a stepdaughter age 4. WHEW!, not me, 2 kids was plenty, lol, a boy and a girl - done! I usually list patterns and should remember to always do that to give ppl credit for them! Here's the pattern I used by happyberrycrochet. There's no written pattern, just a video for her Scrap Yarn Friday series. She also did the pattern for the letter I put on it. I like videos for things I've never made and I really love to have both video and written to help me with written patterns better.

You can simply add more rows to the body to make a larger bib, which I did so it would last longer than newborn, or be used in am month or so. He weighs 10 lbs already, lol, has gained 3 lbs in less than a month!! I was going to make him a cocoon but fear he might outgrow it before cold weather so am going to wait until the 1st of December before doing that Christmas gift!

I've crocheted for less than 2 years and have made many many things, everything I've wanted to actually, and I learned on youtube but have also taken Craftsy classes, free and paid... point is that I love visual tutorials, because some ppl just can't write patterns well and some are plain hard to figure out due to their nature. I can write patterns and have for a year, I have Ravelry and Craftsy stores of both free and paid patterns.

Anyway, all that said, (sorry, I love to talk crochet and I miss my blog site!), I used Lily Sugar N Cream cotton in Faded Denim. I'd love to make myself a summer top out of this yarn! I'd changed the neck wrapped ending a little next time but this is the one I used pretty much the same as her pattern, trimmed in white cotton, buttoned to close. There are tons of pattern online and these are just some I bookmarked that I like, among many others!

Check this adorable little lamb bib, written pattern only:
    My Hobby Is Crochet: Little Lamb Crochet Baby Bib | Free Crochet Pattern | My Hobby is Crochet

This is a good one by Stitchin Stacy, in video here and also in written pattern in below link by Yarnspiration. She didn't go around the neck completely tho and I like hers a lot for my next one.

http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pd..._bib.en_US.pdf (pattern)
    Baby Bib | Yarnspirations (shows pic)

You'll love these too:

Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-01-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan. I have been crocheting for about 45 years and have made way too many things to remember but I loved crocheting and knitting for my 3 kids, as my mother did for us, and now for my 3 grands!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlatlas View Post
    Thank you Susan. I have been crocheting for about 45 years and have made way too many things to remember but I loved crocheting and knitting for my 3 kids, as my mother did for us, and now for my 3 grands!
    I'm sorry I misread, I see this is your 1st grandSON, my mistake! I bookmarked hundreds of files and then I have a folder to put every file I use in it. then I'll remember, so thx to computers for being able to keep up with things and find them so easily! Happy Crocheting!

6. Thanks karenlatlas thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love, love, love these bib patterns. I would have loved to have the turquoise and violet ones when my daughter was a baby. All dressed up, even with a fancy bib. I'm going to try to make these. Someone I know has to be having a baby or grandbaby soon. Thanks for all of your posts. You always seem so upbeat.

Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
    Love, love, love these bib patterns. I would have loved to have the turquoise and violet ones when my daughter was a baby. All dressed up, even with a fancy bib. I'm going to try to make these. Someone I know has to be having a baby or grandbaby soon. Thanks for all of your posts. You always seem so upbeat.

Donna
    Hi Donna, You're welcome! I wish I'd learned to crochet more than granny afghans in high school so I could have made things for my kids and other people all these years, but I learned when I was 56.. the bib was fun to make and I might make more