Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Some cute items for summer!

I was looking at Redhead's camo afghan and thought I'd post this photo of a soda can cozy and a matching cell phone pouch I made for my husband. I made them with a version of pink camouflage called Desert Rising by Lily's Sugar and Cream.

Some of the pink camos we see these days in yarn are loosely based on the Pink Camouflage used by the Royal Marines (England - WW One) to wear in desert campaigns. The US Marine Corps has a very similar desert camouflage in their current uniform inventory.

Anyway, I decided he needed a little pouch for his cell phone to keep it from getting all dinged up by the junk he normally carries around in his pockets and who doesn't like a cozy for their soda to keep it from dripping all over them when you take it out of the cooler... this cozy isn't just a wrap, it has a bottom.

Very popular yard sale items!
    Some cute items for summer!-pink-camo-cozy-cellphone-pouch-jpg

2. Likes karenlatlas, mamainastitch, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to keep my eye out for that yarn. Gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like
    What fun items! I've made a phone cover and added a button and strap to keep it from falling out! Just an idea for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    I was looking at Redhead's camo afghan and thought I'd post this photo of a soda can cozy and a matching cell phone pouch I made for my husband. I made them with a version of pink camouflage called Desert Rising by Lily's Sugar and Cream.

Some of the pink camos we see these days in yarn are loosely based on the Pink Camouflage used by the Royal Marines (England - WW One) to wear in desert campaigns. The US Marine Corps has a very similar desert camouflage in their current uniform inventory.Anyway, I decided he needed a little pouch for his cell phone to keep it from getting all dinged up by the junk he normally carries around in his pockets and who doesn't like a cozy for their soda to keep it from dripping all over them when you take it out of the cooler... this cozy isn't just a wrap, it has a bottom.

Very popular yard sale items!
    Some cute items for summer!-pink-camo-cozy-cellphone-pouch-jpg
    Hello Poinciana, I just now got on here and right off the bat I saw "redhead " mentioned so I thought I would let everyone know I finished the 2nd bedspread last night (twin size). I am ready to start the 3rd one for the 3rd grandson.
    I checked out the Red Heart pink Camo yarn for the bedspread I am going to make for my granddaughter and I really don't like the colors very much. It isn't as pretty as I thought it would be. They are so dull looking to me. They only had 1 roll of it on the counter but said they will be getting more in. Maybe it will grow on me and I will like it better by the time I am ready to tackle hers.
    At least now I know what I am doing so this 3rd one should go faster. I still don't know how much yarn it takes for each bedspread but I just bought 2 Jumbo rolls of camo yarn for this spread and I am going to pay close attention to how many centers I get out of these 2 jumbo rolls. ( That will before the final 3 rows of contrasting color is put on each square.) Then maybe I will be able to tell how far the yarn goes. I have learned to count the number of DC clusters I have on each side before weaving in the ends in case I goof and have to 'ribbit, ribbit, ribbit! Ha Ha

PS The 7 kittens are doing great! The 2 little ones are still tiny but growing and they are all adorable! And getting playful too!The other Momma cat has never come back so I guess she is gone for good! One momma is feeding her 5 and the 2 from the other momma...she is feeding 7 kittens!
    My depression is gone too and I am doing OK now. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Patty I'm glad to know your depression has left! Life is good when you aren't burdened with sadness!

7. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Poinciana, do you have the pattern for the soda can cozy or did you make it up yourself? Sometimes I can do that. Would you care to share the pattern with us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    What fun items! I've made a phone cover and added a button and strap to keep it from falling out! Just an idea for you.
    Wonderful tip, Donna - thanks!

I did make myself a phone pouch that I added extra rows on, then crocheted a long chain and slipped it through the double crochets at the top as a drawstring. I added shiny, glittery heart-shaped beads to each end of the chain and tied a knot at each end so the beads wouldn't slip off. It looks real cute after I tie it in a bow. Already had two ladies ask where I got it so they could get one, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hello Poinciana, I just now got on here and right off the bat I saw "redhead " mentioned so I thought I would let everyone know I finished the 2nd bedspread last night (twin size). I am ready to start the 3rd one for the 3rd grandson.
    I checked out the Red Heart pink Camo yarn for the bedspread I am going to make for my granddaughter and I really don't like the colors very much. It isn't as pretty as I thought it would be. They are so dull looking to me. They only had 1 roll of it on the counter but said they will be getting more in. Maybe it will grow on me and I will like it better by the time I am ready to tackle hers.
    At least now I know what I am doing so this 3rd one should go faster. I still don't know how much yarn it takes for each bedspread but I just bought 2 Jumbo rolls of camo yarn for this spread and I am going to pay close attention to how many centers I get out of these 2 jumbo rolls. ( That will before the final 3 rows of contrasting color is put on each square.) Then maybe I will be able to tell how far the yarn goes. I have learned to count the number of DC clusters I have on each side before weaving in the ends in case I goof and have to 'ribbit, ribbit, ribbit! Ha Ha

PS The 7 kittens are doing great! The 2 little ones are still tiny but growing and they are all adorable! And getting playful too!The other Momma cat has never come back so I guess she is gone for good! One momma is feeding her 5 and the 2 from the other momma...she is feeding 7 kittens!
    My depression is gone too and I am doing OK now. Love, Patty
    Hey there, Patty. I can understand why the pink camo didn't do anything for you. I had a picture in my mind of the pink camo and then using the pink from the camo as your co-ordinating color, though my first thought was to use RH Super Saver Buff color as the co-ordinating color. Or perhaps using a pretty yarn with shades of pink and white as your center and forgetting the pink camo altogether. Just random thoughts.

I'm going to post a link to a pattern for a shawl, probably tomorrow, that is made of granny squares with the pink camo center and the co-ordinating color Coffee. I'll be posting it in Links and Resources section. It's quite pretty, I think.

I just saw and replied to your post about the baby kitties. They're growing good!

I am so dang happy you pulled out of that episode of depression okay! .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hey Poinciana, do you have the pattern for the soda can cozy or did you make it up yourself? Sometimes I can do that. Would you care to share the pattern with us?
    I sure do have a link to share with you. I used the pattern in the link for the bottom section , but then I took off on my own starting with the 9th round I simply used single crochet around and around - no increases or decreases, just even until I got it as tall as I wanted.

The pattern as it's written, and as you can see in the photo, is very pretty. Next one I make I'll stop being lazy and doing it according to the pattern.

https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/blo...rochet_pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice items