Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

What do you do with your leftover yarn balls?

What do you do with your leftover yarn balls?-boho-granny2-jpgWhat do you do with your leftover yarn balls?-boho-granny6-jpg

My Boho-Steampunk granny shawl made from all those leftover yarn balls I couldn't part with. Believe it or not, I still have enough leftovers to make another shawl. The only thing I didn't like about this particular shawl is weaving in all those ends. Next time, I will try the "German join" and save myself some time.
    ---HarriEtta

2. Likes missro007, Victori1724 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crochetdiva,
    That's a colorful shawl. What is the German join?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction JeanMarie..
    It's the Russian Join. There is a tutorial on Youtube. You will like it. I'm using my cell right now and i have yet to learn how to cut and paste links.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a colorful shawl. The picture does not show how pretty it is. The colors are darker than what's in the pic. The black tones it down s little. So now, how do you use up your yarn balls?
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    When you do a Russian join the yarn will be thicker where you join the yarn. I want to try the invisible join sometime to join yarn. I tried it before. It has something to do with braiding the yarn. The Russian join is quicker but when you join the ends of 2 pieces of yarn it will be thicker than the rest of the yarn.

I'm making squares for the exchange squares. Although I'm not in it now I'll have squares to send out when I'm in the square exchange again. I have thought of getting a blank hook it rug canvas and using the pieces of yarn to make my own design but I haven't done that.

I crocheted some leaves and when I was finished crocheting one leaf I didn't fasten it off; I just continued and crocheted another leaf. So now I have a chain of leaves with one leaf in the center of the chain. It could be a necklace but I was trying for a square. I tried crocheting around the leaves to separate them but then you can't tell that it's leaves. I also tried to put it on a square for a border. That didn't seem to work either. If you have any ideas what I can do with a chain of leaves you can let me know.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    You are all full of ideas for leftover yarn. A thought for your chain of leaves sew them to the edge of a bath towel for a fall theme. Thank you for the info regarding the Russian join.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I just crocheted my name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great JeanMarie!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do with your leftover yarn balls?-crocheted-cookie-basket-name-etc-jpg

Jean Marie

11. Likes Susan2014, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it!
    ---HarriEtta