Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I make stuffed animals for children in shelters thru our church. I don't know how to post a picture of one.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beautiful shawl.How long did take you to make it. If I may ask. I love it. I really like the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a basic granny square shawl. I just put all my yarn balls in a basket, closed my eyes and reached in. Whatever color came out is what I crocheted with. It took me about 10 days to make.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my leftovers for amigurumis and holiday ornaments. Recently made 40 year old son a wild afghan that ended up with over 35 colors. As the balls ran out just grabbed another and kept going. He loves it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it, you make a child happy. Scroll along the tool bar to the icon for uploading an image and click on it and it will walk you through adding an image.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta make an afghan for my son. I still have lots of yarn balls to get rid of. Thanx for the idea.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid I would want to make an afghan with my left over yarn! any great sites for scrappy afghans?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna! All I did was chain to width I wanted then sc,dc,sc,dc across. Next row did sc in dc,dc in sc. Just back and forth til it was desired length. Nice textured surface. If I used up yarn ball anywhere in row simply attached new one right there. Used multis and solids. Went around edge with dc three times. It was fun to make!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Donna! All I did was chain to width I wanted then sc,dc,sc,dc across. Next row did sc in dc,dc in sc. Just back and forth til it was desired length. Nice textured surface. If I used up yarn ball anywhere in row simply attached new one right there. Used multis and solids. Went around edge with dc three times. It was fun to make!
    Now that sounds easy! thanks for the instructions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all these ideas for using up bits of yarn. At the moment, mine are just sitting, taking up space. I really need to get busy and make some things. The pattern posted by imalefty is the same as one I used last year to make an afghan for a friend and makes into a beautiful afghan. Mine was made in a soft white and the pattern really stood out. I have a picture on my phone and will try to post it.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"