Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Afghan I'm Working On

I've been making 10 inch flower squares for a large afghan for my mom. I'm loving the way it's turning out. She's very excited about it. I wanted to share the photos with you.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Afghan I'm Working On-img_0189-jpg Afghan I'm Working On-img_0396-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I've been making 10 inch flower squares for a large afghan for my mom. I'm loving the way it's turning out. She's very excited about it. I wanted to share the photos with you.

Shelley
    How about the pattern for us? I love flowers and hopefully the pattern is easy? you know me I'm not that expert at hard patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Donna, here's the pattern. It's written for a 6 inch square. I just kept going around for a few more rows to make it about 10 inches across.

Ravelry: Lady's Rose - 6" square pattern by Melinda Miller

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty colors. Can't wait to see more of it as you put those squares together.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished a few squares with a fuschia color background.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Afghan I'm Working On-img_0191-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the pattern! what round do you use to make it bigger? This is probably a really stupid question but hey I'm asking it anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    thanks for the pattern! what round do you use to make it bigger? This is probably a really stupid question but hey I'm asking it anyway!
    I keep going after the last DC round, using DC in every stitch then 2 DC chain 3 2 DC in the corners. That's the easy part.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the finished afghan! I'm going to keep my eye open for yarn to be on sale, how much did you get? as you can see I'm way interested in doing this afghan! really love how bright it's going to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Can't wait to see the finished afghan! I'm going to keep my eye open for yarn to be on sale, how much did you get? as you can see I'm way interested in doing this afghan! really love how bright it's going to be.
    I bought a LOT of extra yarn. I'm always so paranoid about running out of the yarn I'm using for a project, so I always have tons of leftovers.

You'll need at least 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in 5 different colors for the background. The variegated color I'm using for the flowers, I bought 4 skeins at Hobby Lobby (I Love This Yarn). They have a large selection of variegated colors to choose from.

I'm using a size H hook for this project, but you could use a larger hook if you wanted to. Sizes G and H hooks are my personal favorite sizes to work with, they're the most comfortable for me to use.

I'm not sure yet how many squares of each color I'm going to need to make the afghan as big as I want it to be. I've found that I can get 7 squares using one skein of the RH SS yarn.

I hope this helps you, Donna!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! It s so beautiful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן